Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

League of Legends (LoL)

I just started doing ranked again for season 3. Back up to gold 4, gonna try for platinum by July 4th.

I finally started ranked again for the first time in a year. Played normals to key in, Bronze III placement (8-2 wtf) and up to Silver in 2 days.

I finally started ranked again for the first time in a year. Played normals to key in, Bronze III placement (8-2 wtf) and up to Silver in 2 days.

Placement is based some what on your previous seasons rank I believe, not sure what you were. I went 7-3 and placed gold 5, but I was gold the previous season.

Placement is all messed up. I went 9-1 and was placed in Bronze IV.

Yeah, not that excited to be honest. My teams aren't in it and I would be exicited if more than the same old champs were being played.

I watched most of the first day and I'm watching now. Korean teams lost a couple games. Hype train has officially been disrailed.

Lol.. that's one of my favorite game that I love to play..

Also, recently I have started playing Rift.. Loved the Dungeon of it..

Honestly I just cant wait for the season 4 changes. Maybe AD Bruisers will actually be playable again.

Honestly I just cant wait for the season 4 changes. Maybe AD Bruisers will actually be playable again.

Come onnnnnnn. Renekton getting heavy play in Worlds right now and Megazero played Riven extensively in challenger qualifiers. AD Bruisers are fine as long as their name isn't Pantheon.

Last edited:
Come onnnnnnn. Renekton getting heavy play in Worlds right now and Megazero played Riven extensively in challenger qualifiers. AD Bruisers are fine as long as their name isn't Pantheon.

My favorite champions to play top lane are:

Xin Zhao, Volibear, Darius, Garen, Jax, Olaf, Pantheon, and Vi. Or at least they were before AD Bruisers became outclassed. Last year in Worlds all these champs were played top lane except Vi. And on a regular basis. Now they don't ever see the light of day except for Jungling purposes.

Rumble, Ryze, Elise, Kennen, Jayce, etc just completely dominate those bruisers. Where last year people would straight up quit a game if someone on your team picked a Rumble into a Jax. Because that Rumble would be at such a disadvantage.

Just sucks, I want to see more than the 31 champions who have been played at worlds. What about the other 80+

There are counters to anything. You just named some counters to AD bruisers. You could do that for ANY champion or archtype in LoL. Just because those counters exist, doesn't make your champion of choice unplayable.

I frequent Renekton/Jax/Lee Sin top. Sure, there are champs I don't want to lane against top. It sounds like you miss the days of AD bruisers being unkillable snowball machines from S2. That to me was not fun. The days of AtMog's is over and I'm thankful for it.

There are counters to anything. You just named some counters to AD bruisers. You could do that for ANY champion or archtype in LoL. Just because those counters exist, doesn't make your champion of choice unplayable.

I frequent Renekton/Jax/Lee Sin top. Sure, there are champs I don't want to lane against top. It sounds like you miss the days of AD bruisers being unkillable snowball machines from S2. That to me was not fun. The days of AtMog's is over and I'm thankful for it.

I prefer the Bruiser playstyle. I like being matched up 1v1 against someone where skill and itemization is the determining factor. Not being matched up as a Bruiser against a range person I can't get to, and just get poked down. It isn't fun, at all. I even feel bad when Im the ranged person, its ugly and cheap.

Problem for me is I hate playing ranged champions, I can't get into the idea of not being in the action and doing the dirty work. I can't just sit there safely in the back and do what I please.

The bigger problem with top lane is sustain. Lots of popular top lane champs nowadays are manaless.

Rene/Riven/Zac (although just nerfed a little bit)/Tryn are all popular and viable picks.

The meta shifted from S2 being farming till 45 minutes to ending the game and snowballing as soon as possible. Last year these 30 minute games were RARE to see (see: CLG.eu). Bruisers take a little longer to build up and don't snowball as easily.

I prefer the Bruiser playstyle. I like being matched up 1v1 against someone where skill and itemization is the determining factor. Not being matched up as a Bruiser against a range person I can't get to, and just get poked down. It isn't fun, at all. I even feel bad when Im the ranged person, its ugly and cheap.

Problem for me is I hate playing ranged champions, I can't get into the idea of not being in the action and doing the dirty work. I can't just sit there safely in the back and do what I please.

Have you tried jungling? Might be your cup of tea if you like scrapping.

Back