Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Contest: Pick the date Coke-head gets DFA'd

LGRW_9

I swear I meant to start this thread yesterday, well before he had another meltdown. So better late than never.

My guess: April 28, 2014.

P.S. "Not soon enough" is not a qualified entry in this contest.

Ugh, hopefully it's soon. He's been terrible for years, but still manages to stick around. It's very Inge-like with the Tigers seeing value that none of us seem to be able to find.

Given that he should never pitch again for the Tigers, why has it not already happened? And has any of the intrepid sportswriters from Detroit asked that question of any Tigers' official?

Given that he should never pitch again for the Tigers, why has it not already happened? And has any of the intrepid sportswriters from Detroit asked that question of any Tigers' official?

Because Dombrowski is a lot dumber than everyone thinks he is, and because most of the beat writers are spineless wimps that wont do anything but soft-toss easy questions to him.

Because Dombrowski is a lot dumber than everyone thinks he is, and because most of the beat writers are spineless wimps that wont do anything but soft-toss easy questions to him.

It's an easy question to ask: "When are you going to release Phil Coke?"

To a seasoned, fearless reporter who is not afraid of confrontation, that question is the question to begin with.

The problem is that theyre far from fearless. When was the last time any of them asked DD a hard question?

The obvious answer is never. Coke has sucked for a long time. Cannot get RH hitters out at all, and barely can get LH hitters. and he's still here.

If they were going to DFA that goat-blowing, dumpster fire, it would have happened when we had more options in the bullpen (last 2 years), right now with Putkonnen on the DL, and who knows what will happen with Reed, I see DD playing it safe and keeping him around, even though it will do more harm then good.

The problem is that theyre far from fearless. When was the last time any of them asked DD a hard question?

It will be the first time. Or to write the tough story:

Why is Don Kelly a Tiger?
Why are the Tigers' hitters so undisciplined?

The one thing I respect about Coke is that he faces the music with the press.

Hell, at this point I'd rather see Nate Robertson and his new side arm delivery. At worst, just give him a pouch of big league chew and he can at least keep us entertained.

He's still here?

1368666710109.jpg

How many games has the Bullpen blown This year? Have not been as attentive as I should..

Hopefully Thursday...

Last edited:
Fail pen era went from 5.22 to 5.60 thanks to JOBA,(5.87). No lead is safe with this group. Handing the game over to our pen is like jumping out of the life boat and in the jaws of the shark!

Back