Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rumored Schedule

wheels002

If this is true we have a very rough end of the year @Chi and @ GB. And who ever said weeks ago that we were playing the Bills on Thanksgiving was wrong.

WEEK 1: Detroit Lions vs. New York Giants on Monday Night Football
WEEK 2: Detroit Lions @ Carolina Panthers
WEEK 3: Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers
WEEK 4: Detroit Lions @ New York Jets
WEEK 5: Detroit Lions vs. Buffalo Bills
WEEK 6: Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings
WEEK 7: Detroit Lions vs. New Orleans Saints
WEEK 8: Detroit Lions vs Atlanta Falcons in London
WEEK 9: BYE WEEK
WEEK 10: Detroit Lions vs. Miami Dolphins
WEEK 11: Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals
WEEK 12: Detroit Lions @ New England Patriots
WEEK 13: Detroit Lions vs. Chicago Bears on Thanksgiving Day
WEEK 14: Detroit Lions vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
WEEK 15: Detroit Lions vs. Minnesota Vikings
WEEK 16: Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears
WEEK 17: Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers

I don't think this is right. It's the Lions turn to play on CBS on Thanksgiving they would need to play an AFC team.

Should be cbs but nfl switched it up and allowed bears. I love this schedule. Mid year bye. One less true road game. Three home in a row at one point. Zona warm game in November. And either have things wrapped up by week 15 or if going for wildcard Green Bay may be resting guys

That's a pretty brutal schedule lol. If they manage to get right early on then they should be fine. If they get off to a slow start........ ew wee :-/

Should be cbs but nfl switched it up and allowed bears. I love this schedule. Mid year bye. One less true road game. Three home in a row at one point. Zona warm game in November. And either have things wrapped up by week 15 or if going for wildcard Green Bay may be resting guys

@Bears & @ GB in December pretty much guarantees 2 losses to end the season. I see Stafford choking away the division in those two weeks.

holy crap... do we ever play Zona at home? it's been several years since we've played them in Detroit

also, i thought since we play @Buff in preseason, they play us at home in the reg season?

alas, this is wrong...

ESPN said:
Detroit Lions

Home: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New York Giants, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins
Away: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Arizona Cardinals, New England Patriots, New York Jets

Last edited:

The NFL is doing that reality show manipulating the environment drama filled stuff to get more ratings. They get on my nerves with that. With that being said, it does make for an interesting end to the season, but of course this team will have to do something historic just to get by. Dammit.

Absolutely, because teams that are Super Bowl talented need their opponents to rest players to have a chance to win.

LOL

Absolutely, because teams that are Super Bowl talented need their opponents to rest players to have a chance to win.

LOL

I mentioned we would have the division wrapped up by week 15. But just in case. We won in Chicago in 2013 anyway. Not worried

If this is true we have a very rough end of the year @Chi and @ GB. And who ever said weeks ago that we were playing the Bills on Thanksgiving was wrong.

WEEK 1: Detroit Lions vs. New York Giants on Monday Night Football
WEEK 2: Detroit Lions @ Carolina Panthers
WEEK 3: Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers
WEEK 4: Detroit Lions @ New York Jets
WEEK 5: Detroit Lions vs. Buffalo Bills
WEEK 6: Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings
WEEK 7: Detroit Lions vs. New Orleans Saints
WEEK 8: Detroit Lions vs Atlanta Falcons in London
WEEK 9: BYE WEEK
WEEK 10: Detroit Lions vs. Miami Dolphins
WEEK 11: Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals
WEEK 12: Detroit Lions @ New England Patriots
WEEK 13: Detroit Lions vs. Chicago Bears on Thanksgiving Day
WEEK 14: Detroit Lions vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
WEEK 15: Detroit Lions vs. Minnesota Vikings
WEEK 16: Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears
WEEK 17: Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers

Wow this is a tough schedule on the face of it. I know things change year to year but every one of those teams should be in playoff contention with GB, NO, and of course NE being the cream of the crop. AZ, both NY teams and Atl if they return to form are tough outs. I like that we have Buffalo and Miami at home historically they have been easier outs on the road (if that means anything). Look for TB to improve under Lovie, they could be fighting for a wild card in that tough NFC South. We need another good year in the division but I'm feeling negative at the outset.

I don't think this is right. It's the Lions turn to play on CBS on Thanksgiving they would need to play an AFC team.

They play on fox every year

brewer's right...well not about the schedule being wrong, but the fact that the Lions "should" have their Turkey Day game televised on CBS this year as they have alternated between the "AFC" and "NFC" network for a looonnnggg time. Interesting to see that we're going to have back-to-back Fox years. Unless maybe the NFL Network grabs the early game?

Monday night game first and a game in Charlotte Week 2 means I don't have to get the NFL package til week 3.

If were not 4-4 by the bye week were toast and we can start the 2015 draft threads :D

brewer's right...well not about the schedule being wrong, but the fact that the Lions "should" have their Turkey Day game televised on CBS this year as they have alternated between the "AFC" and "NFC" network for a looonnnggg time. Interesting to see that we're going to have back-to-back Fox years. Unless maybe the NFL Network grabs the early game?

Every team on Turkey Day is NFC:

Chi @ Det CBS
Phi @ Dal Fox
Sea @ SF NBC

Maybe Buf got punished for talking it up early.

Every team on Turkey Day is NFC:

Chi @ Det CBS
Phi @ Dal Fox
Sea @ SF NBC

Maybe Buf got punished for talking it up early.

Interesting that the AFC got booted from Turkey Day altogether. Looks like they're going for "interesting" divisional match-ups. They still could have gone AFC for the night game, but chose not to...wonder what's up with that?

If were not 4-4 by the bye week were toast and we can start the 2015 draft threads :D

I think they need to be 6-2 at the bye. That second half is super tough on the road. They better win all the home games in the second half.

Back