Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hokes peak 2.0

Sbee

Hokespeak 2.0

So are we just state now?
ju5uvyqy.jpg

Last edited:
consider it a sign of respect, I guess. I was thinking maybe "Michigan State" wouldn't fit, but you can see on "BIG Championship" they reduced the font size, so that's not it. Though, if they reduced the font size, you'd probably complain about that, whiner.

I'm probably in the minority but it looks like more compliment than slight. It's 100% clear who Hoke/Michigan views as the most important games.

He just put MSU/OSU on the same pedestal. Isn't that what Spartan fans have always wanted?

Wait, I was told most of last year that ND was a bigger rival for UM, what gives?

"STATE" has been around since the days of Steve Juday, and before. Only a "STATE" fan would get all wired about how Michigan refers to "STATE."

2002-jeff-smoker-charles-rogers-home-away-michigan-state-football-jersey.jpg
Two of "STATE'S" finest.

It's just comical, I don't consider it a compliment or a slight.

It's just comical, I don't consider it a compliment or a slight.

This is nothing new. He's referred to them as State for years, and this isn't the first schedule to look like that.

I should probably start ignoring your movie recommendations if this is what you consider comedy.

This is nothing new. He's referred to them as State for years, and this isn't the first schedule to look like that.

I should probably start ignoring your movie recommendations if this is what you consider comedy.

just pointing out the follies of your comically inept coach, which his "this is michigan fergdodsakes" stuff that you guys used to eat up but I'm sure it's getting tiring now. The "ohio" stuff will eventually go away once Hoke is gone, I'm sure the public address announcer will say Ohio State in the future. Maybe the future coach will refer to kids kicked out of school as attending to family matters but I'm not sure that tradition will stick around.

From where I sit, it's all very funny, since it's not the school I went to. somethings things are funny as long as they aren't happening to you I guess

We refer to ourselves as "State", "MSU", "Spartans", etc and use them interchangeably. Why anyone would get their dander up about this, especially if that's what he's trying to do is just silly. When I look at this, the first thing I think is somebody should do him a favor and write "FOX" on the blank space between "Dec 6" and "B1G Championship" and "ESPN" just below that. Would hate for him to miss either one...

Last edited:
I don't get why in the hell people are making a big deal of the "State" thing. When people ask me where I go to school I say State, my whole life I have said I am a State fan, etc. Making a mountain out of a molehill.

The funniest part is the Big Ten Championship and Rose Bowl listings, good luck with that.

I don't get why in the hell people are making a big deal of the "State" thing. When people ask me where I go to school I say State, my whole life I have said I am a State fan, etc. Making a mountain out of a molehill.

The funniest part is the Big Ten Championship and Rose Bowl listings, good luck with that.

Agreed, said pretty much the exact same thing in my earlier post.

they do have a really good chance of going 9-3 though, outside of ND, MSU, and OSU their schedule is really, really easy. I don't see them losing a home game but again I didn't see them going down to the wire against Akron last year. I'd love to see them go 8-4, keep hoke but have the mob arguing for his firing get louder and louder. it would help recruiting to have them treading water for a while

they do have a really good chance of going 9-3 though, outside of ND, MSU, and OSU their schedule is really, really easy. I don't see them losing a home game but again I didn't see them going down to the wire against Akron last year. I'd love to see them go 8-4, keep hoke but have the mob arguing for his firing get louder and louder. it would help recruiting to have them treading water for a while

Is it really that easy? I mean, Utah is better than CMU, Akron or UConn and we're all well aware of michigan's struggles with App St. Granted, swapping out Iowa and Nebraska for Rutgers and MD helps but they still have to play 3 B1G teams that beat them last year (2 of them on the road) AND northwestern (also on the road) who took them to triple OT in 2013.

Back