Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brad Ausmus not coming back, manages angels, and now yankee's bench coach lol

I was just making a joke and you take it literally. I'm starting to think you have no sense of humor at all.

I make a quip back and you think I am the one taking it too seriously? Now that is funny.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/11/21/16688552/brad-ausmus-los-angeles-angels-special-assistant
Brad Ausmus hired by Los Angeles Angels.
The former Tigers manager will be a special assistant to the GM.
BYBTB

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...smus-lands-front-office-job-angels/107920660/
Ausmus lands front-office job with Angels.
Detnews

So what is the special assistant's job?. Brad how do you beat the Tigers. Get into there bull pen. After you destroy there starter.

The guy had 4 cy young winners and a triple crown winner. He still found a way to get swept by the Orioles. Who is a better candidate to hire at another MLB job. I can't think of any.

It's a moment. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise. What a turn of events. 10-3-18 set to interview to the Reds and now the Angels new manager! Watch the Angels make the playoffs next season.

It's a moment. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise. What a turn of events. 10-3-18 set to interview to the Reds and now the Angels new manager! Watch the Angels make the playoffs next season.

If they do make the playoffs, it hardly reflects on Aussmus. It means they had the talent to win.

LOL they aren’t going anywhere Brad was very uninspiring, he’ll bore em all too underachievement

Last edited:
I'm sure he learned from his mistakes in Detroit and took an entire season learning the numbers side of baseball in the Angel's front office last year. I won't be surprised if he is successful there. He's a smart guy.

I'm sure he learned from his mistakes in Detroit and took an entire season learning the numbers side of baseball in the Angel's front office last year. I won't be surprised if he is successful there. He's a smart guy.

I watched a few innings of an Angels game during August 2019 ..where the national play-by-play announcers questioned decisions Brad had made with his pitchers during the game. They commented upon very questionable moves Brad had been made throughout the previous couple of months with the Angels ..and suggested that Brad did not know how to manage a pitching staff.

Turns out .. they knew what they were talking about .. and apparently the Angels top brass felt the same way.

Personally, I will be surprised if Brad ever manages another MLB game.

First it was Max Scherzer. Now Cameron Maybin. Both former Detroit Tigers who have cast their votes for someone other than their former Tiger manager, Brad Ausmus, to take over the role for the Mets.

File this in the "not shocked" category. Max Scherzer has been reported to say he prefers Buck Showalter as his new manager and not his former skipper in Detroit, Brad Ausmus.

Totally Tigers

Former Detroit Tiger manager, Brad Ausmus, was eliminated from consideration for the Mets' managerial opening. Good move by the Mets.
But aren't we all just a little disappointed that we won't be entertained by watching Brad tell NY fans "that's baseball" to explain a loss?

Totally Tigers

Back