Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi

Thumb

Saw this today, and it totally changed my opinion that Disney was the worst thing to happen to the franchise.

I now believe Rian Johnson is.

No further comment at this time.

Was set to go see it today with my kids, but have decided to put it off for a few days. Already read all the spoilers anyway, and most of what I read did not look encouraging as far as where they are taking the story. I'll have to see how they're actually executed within the movie.

Was set to go see it today with my kids, but have decided to put it off for a few days. Already read all the spoilers anyway, and most of what I read did not look encouraging as far as where they are taking the story. I'll have to see how they're actually executed within the movie.

Spoiler Alert: The actress who plays Princess Leah dies.

any chance of a few less shitposts?

I guess when you count all the other not posts, not really, no.

I guess you could start a thread about something people actually care more about, like...well, pretty much anything.

Star Wars should have ended with Episode III , or when the original actors and actresses became too old. It jumped the shark with Jar-Jar Binks in Episode I, IMO.

Make another Avatar movie instead. Hollywood often ruins movies when it goes beyond 2 sequels and/or prequels. Blade Runner had 2 entire generations gapped btw the original and its sequel. They could surpass that with rebooting Fritz Lang's Metropolis.

I feel like the adults that saw these movies as kids are walking in as 40 year olds expecting to be entertained like they were back then. If you look back at the original trilogy, they weren't very good movies. Walking into the latest installments and expecting Citizen Kane type acting is silly.

I went to see it with my 5 year old today, it was fun. A few funny spots, a few nostalgic spots...had a good time. Sure, I could cry about the less then stellar writing but I'm too busy enjoying my 5 year old's reaction that is so similiar to mine at his age. He already won't shut up about episode 9.

I feel like the adults that saw these movies as kids are walking in as 40 year olds expecting to be entertained like they were back then. If you look back at the original trilogy, they weren't very good movies. Walking into the latest installments and expecting Citizen Kane type acting is silly.

I went to see it with my 5 year old today, it was fun. A few funny spots, a few nostalgic spots...had a good time. Sure, I could cry about the less then stellar writing but I'm too busy enjoying my 5 year old's reaction that is so similiar to mine at his age. He already won't shut up about episode 9.

I saw the first three; the first one I was in high school; the third one I was in college and the second one, I was...probably in one of the two.

These movies are huge events for Star Wars fans, and hey, God love ya if ya are...I don't mind that George Lucas keeps turnin' a buck on these movies; it's capitalism, right?

Build a better mouse trap.

Or in this case, build a better hyper space jet, or whatever.

And hire Hans Solo to fly it.

Best damn hyper space jet pilot in the galaxy.

He ran a pretty groovy hot rod in the 50s in Modesto, or maybe it was Merced, also...

You know, I've been thinking about this thread, and my posts, and I really hate to ever be rude...that said:

How is your OP not itself a shitpost?

Saw this today, and it totally changed my opinion that Disney was the worst thing to happen to the franchise.

I now believe Rian Johnson is.

No further comment at this time.

Kinda seems like you're shitting on the installment, or you're shitting on Disney, or you're Rian Johnson, whomever that is...

It seems like a full on shitpost to me.

So how are you complaining about shitposts about the installment on this thread, when you yourself are literally opening the thread with a shitpost?

Or explain to me how I'm wrong?

EDIT: To be clear...I don't feel I'm being rude now...my impression is that you saw my previous humorous (or intended to be; and I thought hilarious, by the way) as "shitposts;" which I interpreted as you seeing me as being rude.

About your thread and OP about the most recent installment of your precious Star Wars franchise...

It was a shitpost.

I leave you with these two video thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amuif_PjMV4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-tAiOVMYFY

Last edited:
ImpoliteSinfulBuzzard.gif

Finally saw it. I think people would have bitched no matter what. The 'not my Luke' BS is BS. They could have done a better job explaining motivation, but Luke did the same thing Yoda did and with more of a reason.

It certainly was not the worst in franchise history . I liked it .

Back