Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The 20 Stages

I should point out, this was written by a Leafs fan, he's got plenty of experience in the matter.

I should point out, this was written by a Leafs fan, he's got plenty of experience in the matter.

I will say, last year it took me a long time to come to grips with where the wings are. This year I noticed the continued signs of poor shot differential right away, and was ready face up to the truth.

Its called a rebuild even if they don't call it a rebuild. All teams go through it.. Fortunate I got to see 25 playoff seasons in a row and some titles. The more you realize it's a rebuild it becomes easier to deal with.

I don't have an issue with goaltenders seeing a large number of shots.

I would rather give goal 40 shots without a screen than 5 shots where Ericsson does a half hearted attempt to block puck and one eventually bounces off him and past the keeper.

If own goal deflections counted, Ericsson would have led team in scoring last season. For the most part this season he's been letting the goalie see.

Its called a rebuild even if they don't call it a rebuild. All teams go through it.. Fortunate I got to see 25 playoff seasons in a row and some titles. The more you realize it's a rebuild it becomes easier to deal with.

I don't have a issue with the rebuilding but when i see the same mistakes in the defensive zone time and time again not being corrected it bugs me. When I see Holland keep guys in the minors to long it bugs me. This rebuild could and should have been started years ago but Holland failed to see it. We let Yzerman go when he was the team president for what 2 or 3 seasons. The owners should have kept him some way. I grinds me even more to see him doing great things in Tampa..

Last edited:
I don't have a issue with the rebuilding but when i see the same mistakes in the defensive zone time and time again not being corrected it bugs me. When I see Holland keep guys in the minors to long it bugs me. This rebuild could and should have been started years ago but Holland failed to see it. We let Yzerman go when he was the team president for what 2 or 3 seasons. The owners should have kept him some way. I grinds me even more to see him doing great things in Tampa..

I feel the same about Yzerman. And it seems some don't like using the young guys early - akin to a college football program who won't play true freshman's..

I get the bad plays, frustrating. When to rebuilt is easy to see but executing always seem to come late. Because no one wants to do it.

Think Dahlin has been concensus #1 pick for over a year.

He defender on the Swedish world juniors team.

At least Zetterberg can fake a back injury to get out of the final years of his deal.

But unfortunately, that hurts the team.

Back