Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU pres. Resigns

I'm just having a little fun correcting all the lies and nonsense. I'm not even remotely upset or angry.

You are more than welcome to tell anyone whatever you'd like on this board.

But don't try and pretend you aren't upset or angry. There's not a soul on this universe that would read your responses and not think you had a ton of piss and vinegar coming through your screen.

When did you get your degrees? Michigan State doesn't or at least didn't award degrees with dual majors at least through the mid-90s. I know because 4 people in my family have degrees from MSU and at least two of us (one sister and I) have enough credits for double majors.

Spartans fans aren't missing anything when it comes to your resume. What you're missing is nobody cares what your degrees are in, they don't suddenly make the stupid shit you say sound smart. What we find amusing is you keep spouting off about your degree from 20 years as if it's supposed to impress or lend credibility, like some dumb jock who ended up being a cop or a prison guard would.

You guys are the ones that keep bringing up my past, not me. I just talk about it when it's brought up.

I graduated in the mid-90's, so I don't know what you went through. I graduated with 142 credit hours, completed psych and CJ. It says CJ on the degree, but my advisor called it a dual major Bachelor degree. Funny how you're not interested and then ask me questions like that.

Thing is, back then, it wasn't even uncommon for Michigan fans to be seen around MSU's campus. I knew several. It was quite common for me to see other students wearing apparel from other schools all across campus. It was a much happier time then. If someone wears Michigan apparel at MSU now, they'd probably get assaulted. The hatred only really popped up since 2007, which is odd, because that is when MSU started beating Michigan.

you just can't help making yourself look dumb, can you? I'm not making anything up. You're a self loathing Spartan. It doesn't mean you hate everything about yourself. I would expect someone with a psychology degree to know better.

so you are as good of a money manager as vic? btw, I never made up anything about your portfolio, nor did I say you claimed Vic was an active money manager. you're making that up.

It is true that I don't have any proof that you would have been turned down by michigan but as the criminal justice expert in this thread has shown, I don't need evidence, let alone proof - just accusations. At least my accusation has some reasonable evidence behind it, like the fact that I'm surprised you could even get into Michigan State.

but i'm not a self loathing Spartan. I don't hate the fact that I went to MSU. I don't self loathe anything about myself. I don't even really consider myself a Spartan. I went to CMU, transferred to MSU to get a degree, not to play sports. It was something I did for my career. I didn't get the whole, "Wooo! I'm a SPartan thing." I thought that was silly. You shouldn't choose where to go to school based on what sports team you like. That would be stupid.

I was being sarcastic when i said i was as good with money as Vic is. That should've been obvious, but I guess it's not with you. I said that about Vic and you said that he isn't even an active money manager. You wouldn't do that if you didn't think I implied that he was, which I did not.

As far as the last part, I could just say that having book smarts doesn't always correlate with common sense. See, here I am talking with you and that is pretty dumb...

I'm just having a little fun correcting all the lies and nonsense. I'm not even remotely upset or angry.

btw...saying Smack is just a shortened version of your handle...the Spartan S and then Mack. You're pretty weird if you think that was meant as a cutdown.

But don't try and pretend you aren't upset or angry. There's not a soul on this universe that would read your responses and not think you had a ton of piss and vinegar coming through your screen.

Yep. The vitriol is there. You can tell that he is just seething. I hope my posts are coming off as humor-filled, because the ones that refer to him or sbee really are.

I wonder...does any Michigan fan here agree with any of the takes by SMack on these issues? I seriously doubt it. I've talked to fans of other schools and they all pretty much agree with me about this MSU stuff. Seems only MSU fans are defensive about this stuff and feel that ESPN is out of line. Maybe there are some out there, though. I obviously haven't spoken with everyone in the world.

I doubt that, but I don't really care if people think I'm angry. Of course people like you and hungry need to believe I'm angry but that's on you, not me.

but i'm not a self loathing Spartan. I don't hate the fact that I went to MSU. I don't self loathe anything about myself. I don't even really consider myself a Spartan. I went to CMU, transferred to MSU to get a degree, not to play sports. It was something I did for my career. I didn't get the whole, "Wooo! I'm a SPartan thing." I thought that was silly. You shouldn't choose where to go to school based on what sports team you like. That would be stupid.

this is quite possibly the dumbest thing you've ever posted here, not an easy feat...

What's dumb about it? Not choosing a college based on liking their sports teams? That seems like a reasonable decision.

Now his posts have degraded to:

"Oh yeah? Well, you're stupid!!!"

Last edited:
A Lansing publication called the Pulse wrote an article that includes this paragraph:

Hollis directed Haller to meet with Izzo and others about the allegations. Haller was an MSU football player who became an officer for Michigan State University Police Department commanding the uniform division. That division would often handle the first contact with sexual assault victims filing criminal complaints.

How did that ever sound like a good idea to anyone?

A Lansing publication called the Pulse wrote an article that includes this paragraph:

How did that ever sound like a good idea to anyone?

Am I missing something? What's wrong with the associate AD meeting with the coaches and players involved to explain to them of potential charges(which never came to be) and how the process worked?

Am I missing something? What's wrong with the associate AD meeting with the coaches and players involved to explain to them of potential charges(which never came to be) and how the process worked?

Not that part. Putting a former football player in charge of a university police division that makes first contact with sexual assault victims filing complaints at the school where he played.

Not that part. Putting a former football player in charge of a university police division that makes first contact with sexual assault victims filing complaints at the school where he played.

Gotcha, was he not qualified or was there any question as to how he handled that particular position?

Gotcha, was he not qualified or was there any question as to how he handled that particular position?

You want me to explain what's wrong with a person from the team, going to a position potentially policing that team, then back to the athletic department?

Possibly. Maybe there's some way you aren't seeing it.

...but you think I might be suggesting it has something to do with his qualifications? That's too much. I probably give you too much of the benefit of the doubt as it is. That's clearly not a sincere question.

Last edited:
His bio says he played a key role in Dantonio's hiring. That would have been while he was with the MSU police.

Maybe he's the pinnacle of impartial fairness and is completely free of bias. Even in that case, you don't do this because it undermines the trustworthiness of your system.

Last edited:
Don't forget, Payne gave a video confession to the assault. Someone got out the broom and swept this shit under the rug. He admitted on video she asked them to stop and they didn't. Somehow they didn't press charges.

Nothing fishy about that at all.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Back