Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving well

Today's Example from Appomattox, VA:
The congregation at a local church walked out of the service on Sunday, July 21.

A sign at a local church has gone viral in connection to President Trump's comments to Congresswomen.

Pastor E.W. Lucas put up the sign "America: Love it or leave it" at Friendship Baptist Church in Appomattox.

Some support his stance but he's also facing backlash from people across the country and from people in his own congregation.

I suppose this could've been an entry under the "... Behaving Badly" thread for the Pastor himself, but I chose to highlight the good behavior of his congregation to refute baseless charges from my haters that I am biased, and anti-christian.

Today's example: the Christian I gave $2 to on the corner of Wesleyan and 59 in the city... he called on his Christian god to bless me. That was nice of him.

Today's example: the Christian I gave $2 to on the corner of Wesleyan and 59 in the city... he called on his Christian god to bless me. That was nice of him.

Good behavior is always good.

Maybe his Christian God did bless you - how do I know?

“Whatever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me.”

Maybe you’re closer to the Christian God (most Christians call him Jesus Christ, Messianics call him Yeshua, the Messiah - but that is a WHOLE different theological fuckin’ can o’ worms to be opened on this board) than the rest of us or than you were before - how do I know?

Now, did he call on his Christian God out loud...or did he call him on his imaginary cell phone?

Last edited:
Now, did he call on his Christian God out loud...or did he call him on his imaginary cell phone?

I sense another synonym for sarcastic. People walking around saying 'bless you' but not saying in who's name. It's not backhanded; there's got to be a good word for this.

He owns an imaginary phone.

He might not know it yet, but he does.

Everyone owns an imaginary cell phone.

I own an imaginary cell phone.

It is based on the same technology as air guitars? I don't think I could build an imaginary phone out of coconuts.

Last edited:
Old story (2019) but my Mom sent it to me and I hadn't heard of it. Figured I'd share.

Months-Long Dutch Church Service To Protect Migrants Ends After Policy Shift

Every day, for more than three months, a church service at a small Dutch chapel went on around-the-clock. Pastors worked in shifts. Volunteers worshiped.

The Bethel Church in The Hague started its nonstop service on Oct. 26 to protect an Armenian immigrant family from deportation, under a Dutch law that forbids police from disrupting a church service to make an arrest.

For 96 days, the Tamrazyan family lived in the red-brick church building in a residential neighborhood. The family of five has resided in the Netherlands for nearly nine years since fleeing Armenia, The Associated Press reports, and the country's highest court ruled last year that they must return.

But the service came to an end Wednesday, in response to a policy shift from the government that provides temporary protection to the family, including the parents, two daughters and a son, among other migrants.

The Dutch ruling coalition said Tuesday it would review the cases of hundreds of young migrants whose asylum applications had been rejected because they had not cooperated with deportation orders – cooperation is a qualification for amnesty in the Netherlands, The New York Times reports.

Then on Wednesday, State Secretary for Justice and Security Mark Harbers told lawmakers that families would be allowed to stay in the Netherlands while their children's cases are processed, AP reports. It's not clear how long the review will take. Most of the children are expected to be eligible for amnesty, according to Harbers.

"We are extremely grateful for a safe future for hundreds of refugee families in the Netherlands," said Theo Hettema, a church official, in a statement. "For months we have held up hope and now that hope is taking shape."

Hundreds of pastors from the Netherlands, Germany, France and Belgium rotated through the church between October and January to carry on the service, The Guardian reports. Pastors said they were taking part on behalf of all the children of asylum-seekers, not just the Tamrazyan family.

Pope Francis to parents of L.G.B.T. children: ‘God loves your children as they are.’

Pope Francis told a group of parents of L.G.B.T. children yesterday that “God loves your children as they are” and “the church loves your children as they are because they are children of God.” He did so in a brief encounter with some 40 Italian parents (both mothers and fathers) of L.G.B.T. children after the public audience in the Renaissance courtyard of San Damaso in the Vatican.

The parents are members of an Italian association, Tenda di Gionata (“Jonathan’s Tent”), which welcomes and provides information and formation to L.G.B.T. Christians, their families and pastoral workers. The association was founded in 2018 by people inspired by a Catholic priest, the late Rev. David Esposito from the Diocese of Fermo in the Marches region of Italy.

Mara Grassi, the vice president of the association, together with her husband Agostino Usai—both wearing masks—presented the pope with a booklet titled “Genitori Fortunati” (“Fortunate Parents”) that documented the experiences of these parents with the church, experiences that were at times far from easy, and their requests for acceptance despite all too often being considered “undesirable” by church communities. (An English-language version will soon be published)

What about the Qs?

Why did they leave out to Qs?

Does God not love the Qs?

And what about the Church?

Does the Church not love the Qs?

Does the Church not see the Qs as being children of God?

Last edited:
What about the Qs?

Why did they leave out to Qs?

Does God not love the Qs?

And what about the Church?

Does the Church not love the Qs?

Does the Church not see the Qs as being children of God?

2bcb3u.jpg

Today's Example:

ANOTHER shout out to the Pope, who is the #1 Christian on teh Planet (!), for refusing to meet with Mike Pompeo, a Christian who regularly behaves very badly. Way to set a good example for the flock!

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's Example:

ANOTHER shout out to the Pope...

https://apnews.com/article/10a84cc073faf4786f1c252e6bdf6a42
I can't believe the Catholic is going to be as split as it is. This language is barely-coded politics.

But the degree to which Francis and the Vatican have seized on Floyd?s killing is unusual and suggests a coordinated messaging strategy aimed at a national church that Francis has long criticized for its political and ideological partisanship, said Alberto Melloni, a church historian and secretary of the John XXIII Foundation for Religious Studies in Bologna, Italy.

?It?s not like seven people had the same type of reaction? by chance, Melloni said.

Last week, Francis denounced the ?sin of racism? and twice identified Floyd as the victim of a ?tragic? killing. In a message read in Italian and English during his general audience, Francis expressed concerns about violence during the protests, saying it was self-destructive.

He also said, ?We cannot close our eyes to any form of racism or exclusion, while pretending to defend the sacredness of every human life.?

Reminds about the previous election with the statement about people that talk of building only walls and not bridges.

https://apnews.com/article/10a84cc073faf4786f1c252e6bdf6a42
I can't believe the Catholic is going to be as split as it is. This language is barely-coded politics.

Reminds about the previous election with the statement about people that talk of building only walls and not bridges.

This would make many of my Catholic relatives -especially the ones who still go to church regularly- very uncomfortable, if they were actually exposed to statements like this in Church, or whatever.

I honestly think, all else considered, many of them will start gravitating toward more Conservative protestant denominations over time. I recall some murmuring from them over this Pope's criticism of capitalist profiteering a few years back. some relatives joined a non-denominational Christian prayer group after it (although they still go to a Catholic Church).

Kinda like how most military chaplains were Evangelical Christians after the end of the Vietnam War (link). The Catholic Church and Mainstream protestant churches were all opposed to the war, and their opposition was horrifying to the Military Industrial complex (link), because it was harder to dismiss out of hand as just a bunch of pinko hippies. The Evangelical/John Bircher types were the bloodthirsty ones who called for more bombing of the "heathens."

Shorter summary:

Pope to US Catholics: "I'm appealing to your better nature here... please stop being so racist."

US Catholics: "DURRRRR better nature? What is he talkin about???"

eating-shoes.jpeg

Back