Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How the Lions make the playoffs: Tiebreakers

Yup. Sure would be nice to get the Lions on the board. Sadly this is a perfect year to win it all. There is no real great team . Eagles are using a backup. The Vikings are using a back up to the back up. We played the Steelers, Vikiings, saints, Falcons, and Panthers close enough to win each game . Man if we could just get in we could make a run. Frustrating the Vikings won the divison and not us.
The afc stinks

I will be so pissed if the Rams, Jags or Panthers win the super bowl . I really do not have many teams to root for . Man what a waste if we don't make it.

Do you think they can make a run?

A lot of big 1pm games this week, not sure if there's still a flex scheduling thing or not

Potential scenarios involving 1pm games:

- Lions are eliminated (Lions lose)
- Panthers make the playoffs (Panthers win)
- Saints make the playoffs (Saints win/Falcons lose)
- Saints win the division (Saints win/Falcons lose & Panthers lose or tie)
- Rams win the division (Rams win)
- Falcons make the playoffs (Falcons win/Saints lose)

Do you think they can make a run?

Yes !!!!! Lions Honolulu Blue & Silver Kool-Aid!!!!!!!!
For some stupid reason I feel we would have the best qb in the NFc, and all it takes is a few mistakes and we could maybe win a game or two. But then that means Caldwell will have to have his guys ready. Which he didn't do verses Minnesota, and 10 days later verses the Ravens.

For some stupid reason I feel we would have the best qb in the NFc, and all it takes is a few mistakes and we could maybe win a game or two. But then that means Caldwell will have to have his guys ready. Which he didn't do verses Minnesota, and 10 days later verses the Ravens.

It's all the fun of being a fan.

Do I have high confidence that they could make a run in the playoffs? No
Do I think they could win a game? Absolutely

Might as well enjoy the ride, as a Lions fan I'll take what I can get.

I have about as much confidence in them winning a playoff game as I do them building a better team from a slightly better draft pick. Give me the playoffs 100 out of 100 times.

While they MAY have the best QB (I'd take Brees) that the NFC has to offer (among playoff teams) they have the worst Defense, no running game and a mediocre offensive line. That is not a recipe for playoff success

While they MAY have the best QB (I'd take Brees) that the NFC has to offer (among playoff teams) they have the worst Defense, no running game and a mediocre offensive line. That is not a recipe for playoff success

Lions Oline is good when healthy.

Lions have better run D than Carolina more yards 4.2 YPC, Saints 4.5 YPC allowed and Rams 4.7 YPC

Lions have forced most turnovers in NFC

Lions have good QB rating allowed. Though only Carolina/Atl is worse out of playoff teams in QB rating allowed, but Lions can cover despite the pass rush being hurt

Lions best Special teams. Returns, coverage, kicking, punting

Lions best QB

Lions best weapons

Only run game lacks and D PPG is due some offensive turnovers going really wrong.

Lions D is up there with Minnesota, LA, Philly, Carolina, Saints

Last edited:
Points for

1 Eagles 31.3
1 Rams 31.3
3 N.O 28.6
4 Det 25.6
5 MN 24.5
6 Dal 24.0
7 Car 23.6
8 Sea 22.9
9 Atl 22.7
Points against

1 MN 17.3
2 Rams 19.4
3 Phily 19.9
4 ATL 20.1
4 NO 20.1
6 Car 20.4
7 Sea 21.0
9 Dal 22.2
14 Det 24.2

Saints played 3 top 14 rushing Ds this year. Min, GB and Chi

Lions played 9 games (out of 14) against top 11 rushing Ds. and will have a 10th

Ingram and Kamara are overrated. Easy run D schedule. Lions had a gauntlet of tough run D teams and will play one more top 10 team still. Bengals are 16th

Last edited:
Speaking of Ingram I sold one of the RC's I had of him for $10 today. A topps chrome number'd finest freshmen insert. Been hard trying to sell off the collection, very slow going, people don't have a lot of discretionary income. Hopefully the Lions will be much better next year make the playoffs, win a playoff game and Stafford will be lights out i'd like to try and start selling of his cards next year. I invested a ton of money into Calvin Rookies few years back, prolly never get my money back out of those now. I might have .05% of all his number'd rookies though. LOL..

Last edited:
Saints played 3 top 14 rushing Ds this year. Min, GB and Chi

Lions played 9 games (out of 14) against top 11 rushing Ds. and will have a 10th

Ingram and Kamara are overrated. Easy run D schedule. Lions had a gauntlet of tough run D teams and will play one more top 10 team still. Bengals are 16th

Or, are those teams all rated higher because they got to play the Lions bs?

Bengals give up 131.5 yards per game on the ground....dead last in the NFL

16th in YPC. Tons of attempts on them. Most attempt in NFL due to being behind because their offense has issues

We can run on them. Burfict back helps them (missed last two games). Their Dline has serious talent. with Atkins, Lawson, Dunlap, Johnson. See if Lang, Wagner and Swanson play too

Bengals give up 131.5 yards per game on the ground....dead last in the NFL

Might need to give it to Green and Abdullah 15 times each......forecast is for rain/freezing rain with a high around 35 at game time.

Not feeling good about this game at all.

Might need to give it to Green and Abdullah 15 times each......forecast is for rain/freezing rain with a high around 35 at game time.

Not feeling good about this game at all.

Good ole weather game to screw our passing up. Bound to happen

16th in YPC. Tons of attempts on them. Most attempt in NFL due to being behind because their offense has issues

We can run on them. Burfict back helps them (missed last two games). Their Dline has serious talent. with Atkins, Lawson, Dunlap, Johnson. See if Lang, Wagner and Swanson play too

4.2 YPA

equal to

DET
Bills
Miami
Car

Indy
Oak
Sea
Jets

NYG
Dal
Pitt
Atl
KC
Wash

That's about 1/2 of the entire NFL.

Carolina gives up 91.6 yards per game @ 4.2 YPA
Bengals give up 131.5 YPA @ 4.2 YPA

Those two rush defenses are not equal.

Last edited:
4.2 YPA

equal to

DET
Bills
Miami
Car

Indy
Oak
Sea
Jets

NYG
Dal
Pitt
Atl
KC
Wash

That's about 1/2 of the entire NFL.

Carolina gives up 91.6 yards per game @ 4.2 YPA
Bengals give up 131.5 YPA @ 4.2 YPA

Those two rush defenses are not equal.

It's about rush attempts. Holding at 4.2 is harder with more attempts so Bengals would be better than Carolina rush D.

Good ole weather game to screw our passing up. Bound to happen

Yeah, poor Lions. Only team in the NFL that deals with bad weather. Not like... Uh, Cincinatti has to do deal with it either? Oh yeah, they do.

I can't believe you are getting your excuses ready already, before anything has even happened. You really have this thing down to a science.

That's excellent news pre excuses already set, as long as there is an excuses all is well in sad sack lion land

Back