Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU pres. Resigns

I have a client whose son was the head Athletic Trainer for the MSU football team during the cousins/bell teams. He's a UCLA guy himself and horrified at the situation. Treading lightly the topic came up and he immediately rejected Nassar and downplayed his time/role at MSU, saying he was someone but at the same time, nobody.

It's just so revolting. So horrific and so likely taking place elsewhere. The testimonies of the GIRLS/women as to the extent is just sickening. So awful.

Oh no. now this is a real tragedy. it's a shame to see a knee jerk reaction to public opinion bring down someone who was such a great fundraiser.

i'm sure Tom izzo and sbee are really having a hard time with this news.

i love you MichChamp and you know I do but this is beyond. Waaaay beyond. As an attorney, you are better suited than I for what may come, but for fucks sake, if our dear president can run on "draining the swamp," that is what will happen in Lansing.

so fucking disgusting, makes me angry to my core and sick to my stomach.

Yeah this is really bad.. I feel so bad for those women.. Like has been mentioned how many places is this going on in America? We have to stamp this out of society!!!!!!!

The President should appoint a position called Pedophile Exterminator. They would have free reign to take out all pedophiles.

I am still trying to wrap my brain around this. How did such a monster rise to such world wide recognition in this area? How did someone, other sports med doctor, physical therapist, etc. not say "wait a minute, this is not right"? Also, although though I don't have children, when I take my pets to the vet I am always in the room with them watching what is going on. When I was a kid and my Mom took me to the doctor she always went in with me and never left me alone in the exam room, and the doctor would always explain what they were going to do before he/she did it. My wife explained to me what this guy was doing and I can't believe that a parent and/or other professionals would have allowed it. Where was the peer-review? How did someone not question the practices of this monster and vehemently object? Others must have known what he was doing! Was it a case of win at all costs? Gotta get that gold medal.... And with this guy being a world recognized sports med doctor of gold metal winners, you can bet others in this area have followed his practices. Like I said, I am still struggling to understand it all. I agree Vic, it turns my stomach and makes me question wtf is going on in this world.

I am still trying to wrap my brain around this. How did such a monster rise to such world wide recognition in this area? How did someone, other sports med doctor, physical therapist, etc. not say "wait a minute, this is not right"? Also, although though I don't have children, when I take my pets to the vet I am always in the room with them watching what is going on. When I was a kid and my Mom took me to the doctor she always went in with me and never left me alone in the exam room, and the doctor would always explain what they were going to do before he/she did it. My wife explained to me what this guy was doing and I can't believe that a parent and/or other professionals would have allowed it. Where was the peer-review? How did someone not question the practices of this monster and vehemently object? Others must have known what he was doing! Was it a case of win at all costs? Gotta get that gold medal.... And with this guy being a world recognized sports med doctor of gold metal winners, you can bet others in this area have followed his practices. Like I said, I am still struggling to understand it all. I agree Vic, it turns my stomach and makes me question wtf is going on in this world.

One of the most messed up parts of all of this is that he was assaulting some of these girls with their parents in the room. I have no idea how that happened. He had to be covering them up to where the parents could not see exactly what was happening.

One of the most messed up parts of all of this is that he was assaulting some of these girls with their parents in the room. I have no idea how that happened. He had to be covering them up to where the parents could not see exactly what was happening.

SMH, mind boggling to me. Did this monster train other doctors? Did he have residents under him? Did he publish, give presentations at conferences, etc? Didn't any of his peers question his practices? Did no one say, "hey you are molesting these girls!!"

SMH, mind boggling to me. Did this monster train other doctors? Did he have residents under him? Did he publish, give presentations at conferences, etc? Didn't any of his peers question his practices? Did no one say, "hey you are molesting these girls!!"

He was doing this without wearing gloves. I can't believe anyone was in the room with him. No doctor or nurse would believe any excuse he made up for not wearing gloves.

I'm not sure if he published, but he did have people that looked up to him professionally and I think I read he was considered an authority on this procedure. That was part of the problem, MSU brought in people that considered him a mentor and didn't give them the entire story when they did their Title IX investigation. Big difference between "this procedure you do, is it legit?" and "is it possible this procedure could be an excuse to abuse children?"

And there are several account of him doing it it with a kid's parent in the room. He'd do it in a way so that their view was blocked. Outside of a few exceptions, I think there is a need for a lot of investigation before we can say who was an enabler and who was duped.

Mark Hollis resigns.

This is backwards. Maybe I'm out of the loop with regard to Hollis. Investigate first, force resignations second. They're just placating the protesting crowds while avoiding doing anything that would expose their liability.

Hollis is claiming he was never made aware of the 2014 federal investigation.

Federal investigation? I'm just the AD here. I don't need to know anything. Carry on.

Hollis is claiming he was never made aware of the 2014 federal investigation.

Federal investigation? I'm just the AD here. I don't need to know anything. Carry on.

I've read he wasn't employed by the athletic department and there's no set procedure on who to report the results of Title IX investigations to, so it probably went to his bosses in the school of medicine and not the athletic department.

Complex story
While not an athletic employee, Nasser worked with athletes

From what I read at least the gymnastics coach heard complaints. If it is true that 14 people weee aware of questions it is hard to beluevevhecwasntvaware if concerns

This whole story would make a case study

I've read he wasn't employed by the athletic department and there's no set procedure on who to report the results of Title IX investigations to, so it probably went to his bosses in the school of medicine and not the athletic department.

I'm sorry, but if you're the AD you should be aware of a federal investigation happening on your campus. Especially one that pertains to your athletes. Any excuse he makes as to why he didn't know is a lame, horse shit excuse.

I'm sorry, but if you're the AD you should be aware of a federal investigation happening on your campus. Especially one that pertains to your athletes. Any excuse he makes as to why he didn't know is a lame, horse shit excuse.

I agree. It was ultimately his responsibility to put in place a system that wouldn't let this fall through the cracks. Even if the Title IX investigation wasn't under the athletic department, the reports of complaints being ignored by athletic staff was.

Back