Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

EPA ends clean air policy opposed by fossil fuel interests

Well, more drilling and coal mining, and burning more fossil fuels = more money for everyone, right? it's proven trickle down economics.

with that extra money we can then go buy purified air to breathe and carry around with us at all times.

so who gives a shit if the normal atmosphere is all smog? not me.

So that was the moans of wettest of wet dreams ecstasy cuming true for Chuck and Davy Koch that I heard this morning!!

My electricity actually flickered on and off several times as well for about 10 mins....and I am not kidding.

Think that I will give a listen to my old Pink Floyd "Animals" CD this evening in observation of the EPA's envirotrash decision.

Last edited:
“The EPA’s decision today is consistent with President Trump’s agenda to keep America’s air clean and our economy growing,” said Senate Environment Committee Chairman John Barrasso of Wyoming. “Withdrawal of this policy means manufacturers, oil and gas operations, and other types of industrial facilities will have greater incentive to reduce emissions.”

The only incentives that Big Energy/Industry has is to privatize profits, and socialize losses as much as is possible....and that possibility is only going to increase thanks to Pruitt's EPA. Maybe it should be renamed the Environmental Destruction Agency, to better represent what it is rapidly becoming.

Obviously these wealthy corporate execs and their sock-puppet reps in Congress are stone-cold sociopaths who only give a shit about their assets, themselves, and their families, everyone else can deal with the negative consequences of their naked greed.

For one BIGLY example, Drumpf's SoS, Rex Tillerson joined in a suit over a fracking water tower being constructed near his residence in a suburb of Dallass Texass a few years ago.

"Michael Whitten, who runs a small law practice in Denton, Texas. Mr. Whitten said Mr. Tillerson's primary concern is that his property value would be harmed."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/exxon-ceo-joins-suit-citing-fracking-concerns-1392935737

Hypocrite much???

I posted a thread on Tillerson's anti-fracking lawsuit a long time ago!

bonus for whoever it was that was saying they missed tLiar recently: tLiar showed up in the thread and argued there was nothing hypocritical about it because there were other fracking wells nearby! what an idiot!

Sadly there are so many swamp critters in charge under Trump and Pruitt is a complete and utter incompetent fool. Its criminal what he is doing. It will take years to undo the damage Trump and his gang of fools are doing.

Last edited:
I posted a thread on Tillerson's anti-fracking lawsuit a long time ago!

bonus for whoever it was that was saying they missed tLiar recently: tLiar showed up in the thread and argued there was nothing hypocritical about it because there were other fracking wells nearby! what an idiot!

His member profile indicates that his last post was last April, did he get perma-banned or just quit?

Last edited:
Sadly there are so many swamp critters in charge under Trump and Pruitt is a complete and utter incompetent fool. Its criminal what he is doing. It will take years to undo the damage Trump and his gang of fools are doing.

If increased carbon emissions eventually activate a tipping point for the planet's delicate atmospheric balance, we might not still be around to clean up after anything. The soil level is very thin in SA's quickly disappearing rainforests, and they are a YUUGE source of filtering CO2 from Earths atmosphere. The Siberian tundra is warming and forming massive sinkholes in the permafrost....but since baby jeebus controls the weather. maybe all we need to do is to pray moar and harder for them to just go away.

Last edited:
If increased carbon emissions eventually activate a tipping point for the planet's delicate atmospheric balance, we might not still be around to clean up after anything. The soil level is very thin in SA's quickly disappearing rainforests, and they are a YUUGE source of filtering CO2 from Earths atmosphere. The Siberian tundra is warming and forming massive sinkholes in the permafrost....but since baby jeebus controls the weather. maybe all we need to do is to pray moar and harder for them to just go away.

Every time you write baby jeebus I chuckle !!!!

Need some trumpets in this thread to tell me how good this is and that the environment is fine.

from the article

The Clean Air Act defines a “major source” as a one that has the potential to emit 10 tons or more per year of any hazardous air pollutant, or 25 tons per year of any combination of hazardous air pollutants. For more than 20 years, EPA’s “once-in always-in” required major sources to remain subject to stricter control standards, even if they took steps to reduce their pollution below the threshold.

my interpretation is they are taking the "polluters" off of the major source list if they get the pollutants below the threshold. If they are above it or go above it they would get put back on. It sounds like it will reduce the burden/cost to the regulators and businesses that are following the rules now but weren't 20 years ago.

Back