Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Griffin Traded to Pistons

dubbsco

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account
@wojespn
Follow Follow @wojespn
More
The Clippers and Pistons have agreed on a deal to trade Blake Griffin for Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Boban Marjanovic, a first-round and a second-round draft pick, league sources tell ESPN.

Looks to be official now.

And a freaking pick? Wtf is svg thinking . Terrible deal . 3 guys and a #1 for injury prone a Griffin. Svg has lost his mind.

Oh and a # 2 pick. I guess it doesn't matter it's not like svg evaluates talent right and then keep them .. 5 guys for 1 player ..

Last edited:
First reaction I think Clippers won this trade. Griffin hasn’t played 70 games or more in 3 seasons (about to be 4 this year). Plus they dumped a sizable contract for a soft ass player. Assuming the first round pick is for 2018 it will be a lottery one most likely albeit a late lottery one.

Also got Willie Reed and Brice Johnson in the deal . Willie Reed can def play , and Brice was a high draft pic with potential . Not terribly thrilled but had to do something to shake it up !!

Also got Willie Reed and Brice Johnson in the deal . Willie Reed can def play , and Brice was a high draft pic with potential . Not terribly thrilled but had to do something to shake it up !!

Why not wait and deal closer till the deadline ?

Losing Tobias is the biggest for me , we were gonna lose Bradley at end of the year for nothing anyway . As much as i love Boban , SVG just wouldnt play him enough and the draft pick hurts but ya never know how a draft pick will work out . Brice Johnson could be considering our draft pick , this guy is only 23 and was awesome for North Carolina .

Willie Reed is a ball of energy , remember watching him last year for Miami when Whiteside went down for an extended amount of time , dude was balling out . I mean Blake Griffin is a borderline superstar who is controlled for 4 more years after this year , ya gotta give up some good stuff .

It's just too much. I would have seen what Bradley could have got.. I love harris.

Well, Bradley was likely gone after this year. He's not going to continue to play for this decrepit organization.

Harris will command a max somewhere.

Griffin has played an average of 54 games a year the previous 3 seasons and has already missed 16 games this season. He makes $35 million a year. The 1st round pick in the trade is a killer, it was going to be a lotto pick and this draft class will be excellent.

Griffin has played an average of 54 games a year the previous 3 seasons and has already missed 16 games this season. He makes $35 million a year. The 1st round pick in the trade is a killer, it was going to be a lotto pick and this draft class will be excellent.

It doesn't matter how good the draft class is. Stan can't draft.

Seems like a short term move for a team that should be thinking long term. SVG seems a little desperate on this one for some buzz. Hope it works out, but I just don't see it with Blake's history.

I think people are really overvaluing that draft pick. Pistons are in quite a rut right now but I don't think they plummet to the point where it's a pick where you pick a game changer. Blake Griffin can be a game changer and is under team control for a few years.

Someone mentioned 'see what we could get for just Bradley'. Not much I imagine, especially considering his contract is up after this year.

I'm not super excited, I really like Harris, but this team needed a shake up and this is about as big a shake up as was going to happen. Curious to see how Griffin and Drummond play together.

Can we all at least agree that when he plays, Griffin is by far the best player in this trade? Can we all agree that Griffin, a tremendous passer who can regularly create his own shot, fits a desperate need for playmaking while also having the shooting skill to keep the paint open? Can we all agree that there may not be a better partner for Drummond than a long term teammate of Deandre Jordan?

I am not here to say this is a slam dunk, or even a win, but come on. We just turned a couple quarters and dimes into a dollar bill. Even if that dollar bill is counterfeit, isn't it with the risk? Isn't the chance of having 2 top 20 players in the league better than whatever half assed plan SVG had to build this collection of middling talents?

We just turned a couple quarters and dimes into a dollar bill. Even if that dollar bill is counterfeit, isn't it with the risk? Isn't the chance of having 2 top 20 players in the league better than whatever half assed plan SVG had to build this collection of middling talents?

That's a great way to look at it.

How did the Pistons play with Monroe, and Drummond i forget . Must not have been great .. I just hate losing any draft picks at all even though Stan eould fuck the pick up anyway. My opinion Clippers win the deal big time but oh well guess see we had to do something. Maybe Blake can play point guard until Jackson gets back lol.. Hate that Blake only averages 54 games a season.

Last edited:
Back