Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bit 10 Basketball

tomdalton22

Big 10...nice typo in the title!

I don't really follow it closely but I see OSU beat Purdue last night. Is that coach some kind of miracle worker? I think they only had 9 guys on scholarship going into the season.

Last edited:
Sad how down the conference is this year. Were going to get 5 teams this year at most. Bubble wise without looking at SOS or RPI rankings, Penn State is playing well and they won at OSU but they have awful losses to teams like Rider, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc. and that will likely keep them out. Nebraska has a decent chance but I don’t think they’ve played/beaten anyone worth a damn, I believe Michigan is their best win and they also lost to lowly teams like UCF and St Johns. They have a very favorable schedule down the stretch, if they were to win 4 of their final 5 they’d finish 13-5 in conference and 22-9 overall, I think that would get them in.

Sad how down the conference is this year. Were going to get 5 teams this year at most. Bubble wise without looking at SOS or RPI rankings, Penn State is playing well and they won at OSU but they have awful losses to teams like Rider, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc. and that will likely keep them out. Nebraska has a decent chance but I don?t think they?ve played/beaten anyone worth a damn, I believe Michigan is their best win and they also lost to lowly teams like UCF and St Johns. They have a very favorable schedule down the stretch, if they were to win 4 of their final 5 they?d finish 13-5 in conference and 22-9 overall, I think that would get them in.

St. John's who has beaten Duke and won at Villanova in their last 2 games.

I agree probably 5 teams as Nebraska appears to have entered the picture now. They have a 1 point loss to Kansas (at home), but not sure how much the committee looks at "good" losses. Probably not much. Penn State COULD enter the mix with a few more wins, and I have a funny feeling Northwestern might be ready to go on a run. UM looked solid a couple of weeks ago but suddenly has more work to do now.

OSU wasn't anything great in the non-conference either, so I am not even sure what kind of seed they will get. Purdue and MSU if they don't lose more than 2 the rest of the way probably are still in line for 3 seeds or better, but it's not inconceivable they could get punished in seeding as well. MSU is not going to have a lot of Top 50 wins on the resume when it is all said and done.

St. John's who has beaten Duke and won at Villanova in their last 2 games.

I agree probably 5 teams as Nebraska appears to have entered the picture now. They have a 1 point loss to Kansas (at home), but not sure how much the committee looks at "good" losses. Probably not much. Penn State COULD enter the mix with a few more wins, and I have a funny feeling Northwestern might be ready to go on a run. UM looked solid a couple of weeks ago but suddenly has more work to do now.

OSU wasn't anything great in the non-conference either, so I am not even sure what kind of seed they will get. Purdue and MSU if they don't lose more than 2 the rest of the way probably are still in line for 3 seeds or better, but it's not inconceivable they could get punished in seeding as well. MSU is not going to have a lot of Top 50 wins on the resume when it is all said and done.

The St Johns wins are unbelievable. It?s still a bad loss when it?s all said and done, but St. John?s while not a good team is not as bad as their record shows. They have several close losses in conference play.

Back