Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We May Be Hiring McElwain/Shark Humper

We have too many coaches.
We probably need one more Co-OC. That way 4 people can give their input on what shitty play to run next.

Jim: 3rd and 5, what ya thinking Pep? Pep: Deep posts! No checkdown option. Woohoo! Drevno: Can we add slow developing play-action so we get our QB killed for the seventh time today? Jim: I love it. On three!

You get that fourth guy on the staff and maybe he talks some sense into them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

McElwain would be a great hire. He's a great recruiter. If he didnt have to kick Will Grier off his team his first year, they may have went to the playoff that year. He had no quarterbacks to work with(after that kid's fuck up) and he actually won his division twice, so.......

Oh yeah, he also coordinated 2 championship offenses.

Last edited:
McElwain would be a great hire. He's a great recruiter. If he didnt have to kick Will Grier off his team his first year, they may have went to the playoff that year. He had no quarterbacks to work with(after that kid's fuck up) and he actually won his division twice, so.......

Thanks for the background.

I'm fine with anyone taking play calls away from Drevno and Pep. I'd rather Jim start consulting with a shoe than have him ask for their insight.

I haven't read anything else about McElwain today. I really hope its all just a rumor... the way he left UF midseason did not inspire a lot of confidence in his demeanor (or ability).

What a trainwreck. plus, if there is any creedence to the Drevno rumors, I can't imagine how adding another big ego/former HC like McElwain to the coaching staff would balance it out.

All the CSU fans here wish he'd just stayed in Fort Collins and I have also heard a lot about his recruiting prowess - he has pipelines in the SE, apparently. It's just that Harbaugh/UM beat his teams soundly, twice and then the whole shark humping thing is sort of embarrassing.

Seems there is more than 1 candidate, Cam Cameron and a former Jets OC, are both being looked at, as well.

Just hire em all. I don't have a clue what he's doing with this staff anymore.

I know the shark humper looked like him, but was that actually confirmed? last I heard he and UF denied it.

absolutely NOT him but he handled it well when asked at press conference following the shopped photo.

barstool or some similar site had a write-up on McElwain that was pretty funny. They used that photo but acknowledged it wasn't him - I don't think it was photoshopped either. According to the piece, it was a retired NY cop that looks a lot like McElwain.

Edit: found it - it wasn't barstool:

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2017/10/29/16567394/this-isnt-jim-mcelwain

correct. after the orig picture came out someone went back and put McElwain's face on it. I know some big CSU Alumni/boosters who say nothing but the best about the guy ...still bitter he left CSU, but that's what all coaches do there, eventually.

correct. after the orig picture came out someone went back and put McElwain's face on it. I know some big CSU Alumni/boosters who say nothing but the best about the guy ...still bitter he left CSU, but that's what all coaches do there, eventually.

I don't think they put his face on it. I think it's just an uncanny resemblance. Maybe they did, but they didn't have to. I believe the picture in the article is unmodified - they just look a lot alike.

The article doesn't say many flattering things about him - I guess CSU fans feel differently. But there's a big difference between having some success at a horrible program in a third tier conference like CSU and trying to turn Florida around with all the competition they have in-state and in the SEC.

Last edited:
I would like for Harbaugh to get McElwain in, find the dudes worth(that he knows some shit), and finally dump the two geeks in back.

Maybe they can bring in Cam Cameron, McElwain, and Morton. Then they can dump Drevno and Pepno.

wow! Win!

Back