Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 115 Tigers vs. twins August 11, 2017

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup:
1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Mikie Mahtook, CF
3. Justin Upton, LF
4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
5. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
6. Victor Martinez, DH
7. James McCann, C
8. Andrew Romine, RF
9. Jose Iglesias, SS
Anibal Sanchez P
Bench: C John Hicks, OF Jim Adduci, IF Dixon Machado.

twins lineup:
dozier 2b
kepler rf
mauer 1b
shithead sano dh
rosario lf
escobar 3b
buxton cf
polanco ss
fidel castro c
gibson p

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/08/tigers_twins_preview_starters.html#incart_river_index
Tigers, Twins preview: Starters Anibal Sanchez, Kyle Gibson both have ERAs over 6.00
Mlive

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/articl...z-set-to-open-3-game-series/?topicId=26688732
Sanchez eyeing rebound start vs. Twins.
Tigers official site

https://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2017/DET201708110.shtml
Detroit Tigers vs. Minnesota Twins, at Comerica Park, August 11, 2017 Matchups, Tickets, Preview.
Baseball Reference

http://www.espn.com/mlb/preview?gameId=370811106
Tigers vs. twins Game Preview.
espn

Detroit Tigers
RHP Anibal Sanchez (3-2, 6.62 ERA)
20 G, 9 GS, 69 1/3 IP, 90 H, 57 ER, 19 HR, 20 BB, 61 K, 5.98 FIP

Minnesota Twins
RHP Kyle Gibson (6-9, 6.03 ERA)
19 GS, 100 IP, 124 H, 67 ER, 17 HR, 47 BB, 66 K, 5.50 FIP

Who: Detroit Tigers (52-62) vs. Minnesota Twins (56-56)
When: 7:10 p.m. EDT
Where: Comerica Park
TV: Fox Sports Detroit
Radio: FM 97.1 The Ticket and the Tigers radio network.

Sanchez is coming off a start in Baltimore in which he gave up eight runs on 10 hits, including five home runs.
Sanchez has only pitched 69 1/3 innings this season, but his 19 home runs allowed is tied for 20th-most in the AL
Sanchez is 6-4 with a 3.71 ERA in 21 games (17 starts) against Minnesota.

Gibson is 5-7 with a 5.65 ERA in 13 starts against Detroit. He pitched well against the Tigers in his last start against them on July 22, allowing three runs on five hits in 7 1/3 innings in a 6-5 win.

Notable Tigers against Gibson: Ian Kinsler .324 (11 for 34, 1 HR), Miguel Cabrera .292 (7 for 24, 1 HR), Nicholas Castellanos .120 (3 for 25).

Things to know about this game:
Friday marks the start of the Tigers' annual Fiesta Tigres weekend, recognizing and honoring the contributions of Latino players and coaches to the game of baseball. Former Tigers great Placido Polanco will take part in a question-and-answer session at Comerica Park's Big Cat Court at 5:45 p.m. ET.

Minnesota outfielder Eddie Rosario is 9-for-32 (.281) with two doubles, two home runs and six RBIs against the Tigers so far this season.

Tigers left-hander Daniel Norris is on track to throw a simulated game Friday, possibly at Triple-A Toledo. He's working his way back from a groin strain that landed him on the 10-day disabled list last month.

Tigers by the numbers:
Overall: 52-62
Current streak: L1
At Comerica Park: 28-26
On the road: 24-36
Day games: 23-17
Night games: 29-45
vs. AL East: 14-13
vs. AL Central: 24-22
vs. AL West: 8-18
vs. NL: 5-9

Polanco, what a talent. He had so many epic at bats due to the fact he struck out very little.

Story Time

October 4, 2009

I take my girlfriend to her first tigers game in detroit vs White Sox, game 162, they played 163 that year

Polanco hits foul ball down right field line, Jermaine Dye tosses it into the crowd, and that is the day I got my only foul ball, been to probably 30 MLB games

Fast forward 4 years, I marry said girlfriend on October 5th, 2013, 4 years and 1 day later. How do I remember my anniversary? 1 day after I got my only foul ball, dead serious. LOL

Kinsler and Mahtook with 16 pitches between them and Mahtook hits a homerun.
LF rosario stands right up to the wall otherwise might have caught it,

Upton chases shit in the left handed batters box,

Miggy grounds out to short,

gibson with 24 pitches,

f'n Sanchez gives up a bomb, too bad runners were on base,

3 - 1,

Two rope singles before the homer, McCant never goes out to talk with him,

Miggy gets another chance...and comes up with the same result...makes the 3rd out to end the rally. 7-4.

Miggy is still completely lost let that first pitch hanger go by then jams himself swinging at 0-2 a foot inside

Cant we just sit miggy for a 15 day dl stint... Give the lad a break.

Cant we just sit miggy for a 15 day dl stint... Give the lad a break.

Yup. Been saying that for weeks but dingleberry brad and Avila just won't do it, cuz that's what dingleberrys do

Last edited:
I believe it was the 1st or 2nd inning where Rod and Mario where raving about Nick's base running this year. WTF were you thinking there?

It wouldn't be surprising if Detroit leads the league in 4 pitch walks..

Last edited:
Back