Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Risk: Julian Assange/Wikileaks documentary film

turok

Just got through watching portions of Showtime's channel featuring this documentary film, up to Trump's selection as POTUS. Plan on watching it again, since I wasn't paying full attention to it, partly b/c I have taken a keen dislike to the dude, who I consider him and his website to be @ least somewhat responsible for helping to put the Orange Ogre into the White Trash House's Offal Orifice. The film places him in a heroic fugitive role, and coaxes to viewer into engendering more sympathy for his largely self-created asylum-prison while ensconced inside the Ecuadorian Embassy in England.

Upon browsing the interwebz for more info on the film, and its producer/director, there are those featured in the film who are quite upset with Laura Poitras, who they claim has edited the film since its debut @ the Cannes Film Festival, to make it more about her and her relationship with one of the characters who happens to be involved with the TOR proxy browser project. They also claim that she violated their agreement that any film editing would be done outside of the US, and not in NYC, where raw footage could be acquired by federal authorities.

They also claim that the Trump administration is an extreme threat to Assange and his cohorts @ Wikileaks, which IMO, begs the question of why they indirectly helped him out during the campaign, by releasing hacked emails from the DNC/HRC server, most likely from Cosshackers, who I believe have compromised the Wikileaks site and can now access IP info from anyone who visits it unproxied.

I didn't have cable TV, until recently b/c my subscription and internet access is now being paid through my trust-fund. Since I can't have full control of it until a year from now, might as well get something out of it for the time being, other than just my utility bills and cell carrier.

Haven't watched it but I would like to. Originally I viewed him as someone who exposed secrets that government was trying to keep from its people which is a good thing overall. With the last election cycle, I've changed that a little bit, Assange is more of an anarchist who just wants to blow up the system and wreak havoc.

Haven't watched it but I would like to. Originally I viewed him as someone who exposed secrets that government was trying to keep from its people which is a good thing overall. With the last election cycle, I've changed that a little bit, Assange is more of an anarchist who just wants to blow up the system and wreak havoc.

so when he was exposing things about wars and other things that mostly hurt Republicans, he was a good guy but when he exposes the truth about the candidate you supported in the election (the most corrupt candidate to ever run for President), he's an anarchist who just wants to blow up the system and wreak havoc. got it.

Last edited:
so when he was exposing things about wars and other things that mostly hurt Republicans, he was a good guy but when he exposes the truth about the candidate you supported in the election (the most corrupt candidate to ever run for President), he's an anarchist who just wants to blow up the system and wreak havoc. got it.

I think he sucks as does wikileaks. irrespective of political angles. douche.

I think he sucks as does wikileaks. irrespective of political angles. douche.

douche? I didn't say anything about him one way or the other. But for the record, I don't think he's an anarchist (or a douche, really - unless the sexual assault rumors are true, then he's definitely a douche).

The most corrupt candidate to ever run for president is currently in the White House.

The most corrupt candidate to ever run for president is currently in the White House.

For a political neophyte, Drumpf is as dirty as it gets, I recall the flak that a career politician like HRC got for just making a speech in front of Wall Street execs, then Donnie installed a few in his cabinet. "Drain the Swamp" my ass. Plus the BS about the Clinton Foundation, when Drumpf was using donations to his charity to donate to others, and hadn't donated anything himself since '06. He couldn't get loans from US banks, b/c of his multiple BKs, so he goes overseas, to borrow from who knows how many shady foreign financial institutions. Probably why he will never release his tax-returns.

I just read this.

I remain convinced the "Russiagate" story is bullshit, allowing the Hillary Clinton/Pelosi/Schumer & DNC to "oppose" Trump, without actually opposing Trump's policies, because in practice, there's very little distance between them and Republicans when it comes to taxes, economics, national defense & policy, foreign policy, etc. you know, the things that actually matter.

also, I've listened to some interviews with Assange... the government has been falling all over itself to discredit him for years. if you discredit him, (like they tried to do to Chelsea Manning) you can distract the public from the sight of US troops slaughtering Iraqi civilians with cannon fire. You can distract the public from all the state department cables that undermine the bullshit policy lines the press parrots to us about who we're bombing and why.

I'm not saying Assange is a great guy. I've never met him. But the press has always seemed a lot more interested in his appearace, his personal habits, his intentions, etc. and a lot less interested in what he actually has to say.

Back