Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

christian god destroys home of christian bigot

I used to think God had something to do with the Tom Dempsey's kick back in 1970, but I was just a kid.

God hates the Lions - always has.

Probably because of all the Christians they ate at the Coliseum back in the day...

The weather has free will just like humans do I guess

The weather has nothing to do with free will. Not sure you understand what free will is, especially if you're making dumb statements like that.

Last edited:
I'm just trying to understand why the weather has no free will, like you said.

Read the statement again Groucho.

I posted that it has nothing to do with free will. Why don't you give me a definition of free will that includes inanimate objects like the weather, and then maybe I can explain so even you would understand the why of your inane question.

Read the statement again Groucho.

I posted that it has nothing to do with free will. Why don't you give me a definition of free will that includes inanimate objects like the weather, and then maybe I can explain so even you would understand the why of your inane question.

I don't think that weather is an object as much as it is a confluence of elements.

Now when a tornado rips a stop sign out of the ground and that sucker comes flying and clocks you right in the bean, that there, that's an object.

I don't think that weather is an object as much as it is a confluence of elements.

Now when a tornado rips a stop sign out of the ground and that sucker comes flying and clocks you right in the bean, that there, that's an object.

would the situation you described be god's way of telling one to stop?

Well then a tornado has a free will? Same question to you. Give me a definition of free will that applies to tornados and stop signs hitting you in the head, and I would certainly be able to explain to you also. I wouldn't have put you in the same category as MichChamp, but anxiously awaiting your answer.

Maybe you could put it in Druidic terms, and then we can discuss it?

No I don't think tornado has a free will. I don't think it has a mind or a consciousness of its existence.

Same with inanimate objects, however my understanding and some eastern philosophies, and they feel that in adamant objects and even spaces have their own energy and life force.

Oooh! A free will discussion! My favorite!

Can we compare the complexity of a stop sign flying through the complex, turbulent, tornadic wind to electric potential firings through a complex neural pathway?

And when we discuss tornados, it would help to picture Mr. Glitch.

Mr. Glitch.

Last edited:
The weather has nothing to do with free will. Not sure you understand what free will is, especially if you're making dumb statements like that.

Loosen your jesus panties a smidge. Its called sarcasm.

It is? Well maybe your Jesus panties need to be tightened a little. Ever think of that?

Good one!

It would have taken me about a month to come back with that one, too.

You can tighten these
0e886611ee5b9b03c989dca9c6a43102.jpg
up with this:
clothespin-usb.jpg

And it comes with a USB plug in, too.

It is? Well maybe your Jesus panties need to be tightened a little. Ever think of that?

I consider myself an honest person. Since Christianity is basically the story of how one woman's lie to cover up an affair got way, way out of hand...I'll keep mine loose thanks.

I consider myself an honest person. Since Christianity is basically the story of how one woman's lie to cover up an affair got way, way out of hand...I'll keep mine loose thanks.

I consider myself an honest person too. Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China, but OK - I am glad you and I are honest people.

But since it really seems you truly don't have a clue what Christianity is . . . you might not want to loosen them up just yet.

Back