Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ND game

SpartyNash

Going into the season I was pretty sure we'd lose this game. However, I have since changed my tune after the first 2 games. I know it's only BG and WMU so it's not a great sample size, but the defense has looked great, particularly up front. The one thing that bothers me big time is our run game. Scott has been awful and Holmes or London deserve more carries. You can't tell me Scott is so head and shoulders above them that his mistakes shouldn't affect his role for the time being. Also, hopefully way less Lewerke runs, you can't get away with it all year especially against top talent.

Coming off a bye, at night, Kelly feeling some heat in South Bend, ND the favorite, I think we are in a good position.

Why less Lewerke runs? If you have a QB who is capable of running utilize him. I think LJ Scott should be the guy. I'm tired of seeing the shuffle that we've had for the past 3 years. Just stick with a guy already. I don't care what the guys say, getting yanked every other play is annoying and no rhythm is built.
Should be a fun game. I'll say MSU wins 28-24

I think we win this game. I'm most worried about the secondary but ND's isn't dominant in any aspect of the game and Brian Kelly is a horrible coach. I'm not saying it's in the bag but Dantonio prob has to make a few mistakes to lose this one.

Why less Lewerke runs? ...

it's been a while so you might not remember, though it's not quite ancient history yet, but compare Denard Robinson's YPG & YPC before the Big Ten schedule, and during the Big Ten schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why less Lewerke runs? If you have a QB who is capable of running utilize him. I think LJ Scott should be the guy. I'm tired of seeing the shuffle that we've had for the past 3 years. Just stick with a guy already. I don't care what the guys say, getting yanked every other play is annoying and no rhythm is built.

injury risk. we shouldn't be running a bunch of designed QB runs but I don't think you want to lock him down and take away his creativity. It should always be an option for him to tuck and run but the more he does it the higher the injury risk.

As Mack said, I worry about the injury risk, he's going to get killed one of these times. Damion Armpunt Terry at QB is not something I ever want to see.

Last edited:
Valid points!

Flea flicker the first play of the game? Damnit that would be something to see. Georgia just did it and scored a TD.

Here we go again. "QB can't throw the ball" just have him play against MSU and he looks like fucking Brett Favre

That is the worst defensive series I've seen from this team in 10 years. Embarrassing

Handoff down the middle. Did not see that coming. Holy hell we have the most predictable offense in the country

I'd do that every time too when we pass the ball down the field 0 times a game. The play calling is atrocious.

Back