Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Remaining (football) season expectations

Michchamp

so... how do most MSU fans think you'll finish?

currently 3-0 in the Big Ten, with a not-too-terrible schedule remaining:

IU, @NW, PennSt, @OSU, MD, @Rutgers

and you play PennSt, at home, as they come off a road game @ OSU the week before.

sorry I said all MSU players, fans, alums, and coaches were trash, BTW. I was having a bad day, on top of the loss. the bar the local alumni club arranged game-watching with really sucks and I had to drink Miller Lite the whole time, not even Bud Light. can you believe that?

I think they will drop both PSU and OSU. Maybe one more to IU, NW, or MD. Probably not but it wouldn't totally surprise me.

I understand your rant now because Miller is terrible.

I think the PSU and OSU games are pretty much all but losses, although we’ve shocked the world a few times before. The one I could maybe see is the NU game as a trap game (I’m going for my first big ten road game so they better not lose).

Even if that’s the case, 8-4 is a very good bounce back and exceeds most fans expectations.

Ill say 8-4 as well. I think we have a good shot at PSU. They have a few great players but aren't as good as their record looks. Michigan playing them will be some indicator of our chances. We are going to drop 1 or 2 bad games to unranked teams. Honestly think we have a chance against PSU @ home. Its time for OSU to get us back but again, they arent the monster to us they once were. Our offense is way too conservative and we dont "go for the win". That is going to cost us a few bad losses!

I think this is a better Spartan team then people think. Espically on defense.I think they upset either Psu or osu maybe and sweep the rest of thier games and only have 1 loss in the big ten and 2 losses overall. Mark wins coach of the year. Team has bounced back nicely from last season's 3-9.. What's going or happen to Scott? I heard on radio he was arrested today ?

Last edited:
I say 8-4 or 9-3. We'll lose a game we aren't supposed to, but if we upset someone we will be 9-3. Next year I like us to make another run at the playoffs.

I say 8-4 or 9-3. We'll lose a game we aren't supposed to, but if we upset someone we will be 9-3. Next year I like us to make another run at the playoffs.

If we lose a game it?s either this week or next. There is no way we lose to Rutgers and Maryland has been absolutely awful/using a 3rd string QB.

Last edited:
Maryland is a revenge game. We'll likely be coming off of 2 losses but that shouldnt' matter. I don't see us losing that one or the rutgers game. I wish we were getting psu and/or osu coming off their open week but that's not the case. Since we have psu right after they play osu, I think psu beating the buckeyes is probably the better outcome for us. Still, I don't see us winning either game unless it's pissing rain in Columbus like it was 2 years ago and they come out flat, or psu looks past us after a tough win against osu the previous week.

Hard to make the case that 8-4 would be a disappointment after last year but 8-4 means we have to lose to at least 1 bad team. Plus, it's not last year - it's not even week 1 so at this point, it's fair to say 8-4 would be somewhat of a let down. I'll be very happy with 9-3 with the Spartans competing well against the nittany kittens and buckeyes.

Last edited:
so... how do most MSU fans think you'll finish?

currently 3-0 in the Big Ten, with a not-too-terrible schedule remaining:

IU, @NW, PennSt, @OSU, MD, @Rutgers

and you play PennSt, at home, as they come off a road game @ OSU the week before.

sorry I said all MSU players, fans, alums, and coaches were trash, BTW. I was having a bad day, on top of the loss. the bar the local alumni club arranged game-watching with really sucks and I had to drink Miller Lite the whole time, not even Bud Light. can you believe that?

Go back to your own board. None of us here cares or wants to know what you think.

haha, I LOL'ed

Seriously, it was big of you to come on this board and apologize for that "trash" thread you posted right after the M v MSU game.

There are Spartan grads whom are amongst finest character landscape artists and pool maintenance engineers that I know.

realistically I think they'll end up being 9-3, they are better than all of the other teams they face other than PSU and OSU. Wouldn't be shocked if they beat PSU though, I actually think Indiana will be the toughest game outside of the top teams.

If we could find a way to steal one of those big games, we could make it into the big ten title game via tiebreakers

Seriously, it was big of you to come on this board and apologize for that "trash" thread you posted right after the M v MSU game.

There are Spartan grads whom are amongst finest character landscape artists and pool maintenance engineers that I know.

Sbee, should we just produce the W2s or (1099s in my case) to this/these cut off sleeved, revenge of the nerds Michigan virgin(s)? T-money, beat PSU and come back. Michigan hasnt beaten a 5 team in 11 years (profound) . Should I repeat that??? :eek:

Im just kidding, youre one of my favorite posters for many years now. RUN THE BALL and stop letting Okorn try to win it for you. I think Michigan has a good chance this weekend. PSU isnt THAT good...

Last edited:
realistically I think they'll end up being 9-3, they are better than all of the other teams they face other than PSU and OSU. Wouldn't be shocked if they beat PSU though, I actually think Indiana will be the toughest game outside of the top teams.

If we could find a way to steal one of those big games, we could make it into the big ten title game via tiebreakers

If Michigan beats PSU we have a good chance. All things considered, Id give it a 35% chance to win one of the games vs PSU or OSU but IU and NW are looming trap games....

Last edited:
If Michigan beats PSU we have a good chance. All things considered, Id give it a 35% chance to win one of the games vs PSU or OSU but IU and NW are looming trap games....

I don't think PSU is that good but Michigan's 3rd down offense is absolutely horrble, not just percentage wise but they just look awful. The play calling, execution, everything. If their defense makes some big plays and gives them short fields, they'll have a chance. Pretty amazing that speight and okorn are the best you can do when you recruit 10 qb's.

PSU isn't great but neither are we and they're better than us. they are the most balanced offense we will have faced. Barkley is legit, mcsorley is pretty damn good and Hamilton is definitely legit. I hope I'm wrong about our secondary but I think psu will be able to throw the ball all over the yard against us.

Michigan just got bitch slapped by PSU. Just get past Northwestern and then let's see what happen against OSU and PSU. Should be fun.

PSU isn't great but neither are we and they're better than us. they are the most balanced offense we will have faced. Barkley is legit, mcsorley is pretty damn good and Hamilton is definitely legit. I hope I'm wrong about our secondary but I think psu will be able to throw the ball all over the yard against us.

They are better but we are playing so conservatively. Running up the middle and 6 yard outs arent going to win anything. We are predictable year after year. We really arent very good bt ill take the straw record of 6-1 for now..

I don't think PSU is that good but Michigan's 3rd down offense is absolutely horrble, not just percentage wise but they just look awful. The play calling, execution, everything. If their defense makes some big plays and gives them short fields, they'll have a chance. Pretty amazing that speight and okorn are the best you can do when you recruit 10 qb's.

Harbaugh has had top recruiting classes, the production isnt there.

Back