Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Lions @ Packers *Monday Night* Thread

I think that the Lions need to win the div title or else. Too many WC contenders and 3 of potentially 6 who currently have .500 records or better have tiebreaker wins vs them.

After what happened yesterday, it's a little early to call this a must win for the Lions...but it's close. What it looks like if they lose

NFC Division leaders

Eagles 8-1
MN 6-2
NO 6-2
LA 6-2

WC contenders
Car 6-3
Dallas 5-3
Seattle 5-3
GB 5-3
Wash 4-4
ATL 4-4
AZ 4-4
Det 3-5

I think the WCs will come out of the East and South. One of Dallas/Philly should be a lock. NO has looked really good since their 0-2 start, Atlanta has the potential to be better, Carolina has a good enough defense to hang in there. The South could be a bloodbath, which might help open the door for another WC (though probably only for Seattle/LA). Arizona and GB are toast. The Lions absolutely need to win the division.

Lions need 7-1 if they lose tonight. 6-2 if they win.

10 wins is a must this year

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/min

Minnesota could lose their next five games though. Even at 1-4 for Vikings, Detroit gets the tiebreaker if they sweep the Vikings. Thanksgiving is crucial

Last edited:
MN does have a tough stretch coming up. I see them winning 4 or 5 of their remaining games.

I see them 4-4 at best which would be 10-6 for them. So Lions need a 7-2 finish and beat the Vikings as one of the 7. 8-1 Lions if Vikings go 5-3 somehow.

Tonight is a big one to determine if Lions can only have one more loss in second half of season or two losses.

I see them 4-4 at best which would be 10-6 for them. So Lions need a 7-2 finish and beat the Vikings as one of the 7. 8-1 Lions if Vikings go 5-3 somehow.

Tonight is a big one to determine if Lions can only have one more loss in second half of season or two losses.

I think the best case for them would be 6-2. There isn't a team on their remaining schedule that they can't beat. They will likely be favorites in 6 of their final 8 games

Vikings still have a ton of road games to play, not sure how big of a factor that will be. I was shocked to see that they’ve only played 2 road games so far halfway through the season (3 if you include the London “home” game). Most of their remaining games look like toss ups. December could be favorable if the Bengals/Bears/Pack are out of it by then.

I think the best case for them would be 6-2. There isn't a team on their remaining schedule that they can't beat. They will likely be favorites in 6 of their final 8 games

And Cleveland is about the only team that can't beat them. We look at the teams we play and those teams look at us and say the same thing. Easy. All 6-2 does is either miss the playoffs, or make it and get beat in playoffs.. Caldwell extension. Why can this team never have a full season of playing well?

And Cleveland is about the only team that can't beat them

As a Lions fan, I?ll say that it?s highly unlikely that a team finishes winless. Even the worst teams manage to beat somebody almost every year. Not saying the Lions won?t be heavily favored, but I could see them being that team, especially if they find themselves in a funk offensively like they have been lately.

Lions better be ready for the ground and pound and play action tonight because that is how I think the Packers will play tonight with this qb. Hope the guys are ready and not over confident because they are playing a rookie.

Last edited:
Got to get to Hundley and beat the Packers illegal holding they get away with. Force 3 turnovers and get the offense revved up. Even have a shot to run the ball well tonight.

Also, for what it’s worth, the Browns might have Corey Coleman back next week.

Got to get to Hundley and beat the Packers illegal holding they get away with. Force 3 turnovers and get the offense revved up. Even have a shot to run the ball well tonight.

They haven't gotten to anyone all year. isn't the D lines nickname "Given em all day"

I need either one passing TD from Stafford and the Xtra Point, or 2 FG's from Prater for a FFL victory tonight! are my odds good or bad. should be good I would hope!

Last edited:
As a Lions fan, I?ll say that it?s highly unlikely that a team finishes winless. Even the worst teams manage to beat somebody almost every year. Not saying the Lions won?t be heavily favored, but I could see them being that team, especially if they find themselves in a funk offensively like they have been lately.

I thought the same but I wanted to say something that was positive. It was all I could muster..

Also, for what it?s worth, the Browns might have Corey Coleman back next week.

What about Gordon too? Though not sure he will get in by them. He still has a 4 game suspension I think.. Not sure though.

I need either one passing TD from Stafford and the Xtra Point, or 2 FG's from Prater for a FFL victory tonight! are my odds good or bad. should be good I would hope!

Prater is usually good for 3 or 4 FGs, you?re fine.

I got smoked this week, but if punches counted for points my WRs would?ve dominated yesterday.

What about Gordon too? Though not sure he will get in by them. He still has a 4 game suspension I think.. Not sure though.

Seeing talk about week 13...just in time to play the Packers!

They haven't gotten to anyone all year. isn't the D lines nickname "Given em all day"

First 4 games they did. Ansah battling that knee injury. Zettel needs to step up again or Washington. Robinson gets pressure. You can blitz Hundley too

Back