Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Outback Bowl: Michigan vs South Carolina

If you guys want some interesting reading the RCMB is on meltdown mode because Michigan got a better bowl game again.

To be honest unless your in a new years 6 game and especially the playoff I dont think it matters one bit.

If you guys want some interesting reading the RCMB is on meltdown mode because Michigan got a better bowl game again.

To be honest unless your in a new years 6 game and especially the playoff I dont think it matters one bit.

They can fucking have the Outback. Not excited in the slightest. But I don't have an inferiority complex like most of their fan base either.

they love to obsess about these things.

the best was in 2011, when they went to the conference championship over us, but lost, had a worse overall record and went to a worse bowl.

They proved themselves the all-time whiniest CFB fanbase in the country that month.

I'm looking forward to another opportunity to hopefully beat a team with a winning record for the first time this year.

I used to go over there and read their meltdowns sometimes, but there are way too many videos and spam on every single page that you click on over there. I have no idea why or how anyone would put up with that much spam.

I'm looking forward to another opportunity to hopefully beat a team with a winning record for the first time this year.

Exactly

I don't see how anyone can take any game for granted.

This is a football game with the University of Michigan football team. I will watch and cheer for Michigan just like any other game they are in. We only get 13 or 14 a year.

Tarik Black is apparently on pace to be ready to play in the Outback.

but if we play him, we burn his medical redshirt. What to do?

I say play him.

I say play him.

Tarik Black is practicing, but won't play in bowl game

per sources

take it, fwiw

Only a 41-3 outcome will make this game relevant and that ain?t happening. I?m sure that the 45,000 fans who attend will be completely ensconced in the drama,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I say play him.

With what he showed already, he wont make it past his Junior year anyway. I say burn it because he's gone.

He looked decent in the 3 games he played in...not much of a sample size to say that he is a sure-fire early entree player.

I'm comfortable with whichever way they decide to play it.

Only a 41-3 outcome will make this game relevant and that ain?t happening. I?m sure that the 45,000 fans who attend will be completely ensconced in the drama,

I remember you posted, recently on a different thread, that Michigan should decline any bowl invitation, and I'm glad to have the opportunity here to tell you that I couldn't disagree with you more.

Michigan is an above average team. Michigan beat the teams it needed to beat to be above average, and failed to beat the teams it needed to beat to be good, very good, or great, and be in a more attractive position for the postseason.

Michigan is part of the B!G. and love the college post season, hate the college post season, or whatever else in between, the B1G is committed to send a representative team to this bowl.

I have to say that Hurban Meyer showed a lot of class yesterday when asked about being X'ed out of the playoffs - he said something to the degree that "we did our job, USC did its job, and the committee did its job. Our next job is the next game."

It's Michigan's job to go and represent the B1G against the CockGames on January 1. It's Michigan's job. That's why it's always, eternally and completely relevant.

Right these bowls are so important that the good players are bailing on them, so they don?t think it?s their personal responsibility to represent their conferences, team and university.

Last edited:
Black should not play .. I would not lose the year for one game .

Right these bowls are so important that the good players are bailing on them, so they don?t think it?s their personal responsibility to represent their conferences, team and university.

You are a quality person.

You are a good Catholic.

You do the things that Catholics are responsible to do to do to be Catholic, just like my parents did.

Your children are good people.

At least two of them, I think, went into the military.

They were good soldiers.

They did things that soldiers are responsible to do be soldiers, just like my parents did (my mom wasn't a soldier obviously; she was over there in the employ of the United States Army Civil Service).

You and I both know what responsibility is. We also both know that not everybody is going to be responsible.

That doesn't mean that responsible people are exempt from being responsible. If anything, it means the opposite.

Ok, I am disabused of my previous opinion. #GOBLUE

seems JH and Dantonio are having a little twitter spat

JH Saw Coach D comments on continuing to "focus" on how "he" can beat Michigan. Congrats on turning around a 3-9 team, plagued with off field issues. Good for BIG to have him back.

Back