Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh in Oxford Mississippi today!

wheels002

Looks like he is meeting with a few players today.

He had breakfast with safety Deontay Anderson and there are rumors Shea is trying to bring his LT and a few others with him.

It would be really nice to pull the LT. Newsome is a huge question mark and without him our LT is?

Sounds like this Shea Patterson thing is a done deal

He and 2 of his teammates will be in AA this weekend to seal it up. I'll provide links when I get home.

What's the word on the immediate ability to play?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. word is that they are appealing that and they will all be immediately eligible. Obviously that is not final, but that is the consensus on the situation.

eligible for fall of 2018, that is

Last edited:
I'm tired of transfers but if he's the real deal then cool. I like Peters though.

Here's the thing. It's all about depth. Never again will we have an Okorn in there. Peters, McCaffrey, and Patterson are all the real deal. Bring them in, let them battle it out. If one gets hurt, then we're OK.

Yeah for people making this out to be like Jake or O'Korn its not. Had Jake not transferred here we would have been a rough year and O'Korn was more of a depth need guy. Both were needed because Hoke did not do well recruiting the QB spot. The only reason they are going after Shea is because its not often you get a guy wanting to transfer who is that good. Most guys who transfer do so because they lost their spot. Shea was one of the better QB's on the SEC his team was just a mess from the scandal and turmoil

That being said its looking like Patterson is headed to Michigan. Ole Miss anounced he is transferring but didnt say where and seeing we are really the only school he has talked to and he is visiting this weekend I think he is a Wolverine

Didn't he hurt his knee ?

Yes tore his PCL vs LSU. Should be fine by spring though from what I have read.

Per Sam Web its a done deal and Shea and as many as 6 others could come with him.

Yes tore his PCL vs LSU. Should be fine by spring though from what I have read.

Per Sam Web its a done deal and Shea and as many as 6 others could come with him.

There are so many homers on mgoblowme that I don't in any way want to sound like some of them. Usually the ones that talk about the next messiah at Michigan are usually full of shit and don't know thing about football. On that note, I will say that if this works out and we do have Patterson and a couple others from Ole Miss, this will immediately vault Michigan into a playoff contender. Michigan already has a great young defense that should be better next year. They may indeed add another part to that, also. Having a quarterback that can hit wide open receivers will be a major step into our running game being even better.

We have been cursed for so damn long, let this come to pass and start a whole new era of dominant Michigan football.

In seven games this year, Patterson threw for 2259 yards, 17 TDs, and 9 INTs.

For the entire season, our three QBs threw for a combined 2023 yards, 9 TDs, and 8 INTs.

Yeah, fucking bring him in.

Don't quite know right where to stick this...thought about starting a new thread, but we already have about 3 on the subject

Seems the 7 number was a little off...

word is that there are 3 interested with Patterson being almost a sure thing

Makes more sense with the scholarship limitations. The class is bound to get very tight. There were about 6 openings, so IF, big if, all 3 were to transfer to Michigan. That would only leave 3 more spots for the 2018 class.

Rumors of defections are out there and even some rumors of more transfers, so there is that.

Doesnt look good for Jefferson or Anderson. They both had issues with their transcripts and getting into Michigan. Michigan wont transfer several of their classes. Shea Patterson seems to be all set though.

Back