Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fox News Ties the Tongue of Outspoken Controversial Israeli Jew

Nothing against the very successful self/band promoting Gene Simmons/KISS, but other than their nostalgia-driven, face-painted reunion with former bandmates Criss and Frehley in the mid-90s, their whole glitter-glam, platform-booted and costumed shtick jumped the shark after Destroyer in '75. No one, other than the too-lates for the party and stoner die-hards still wore bell-bottoms and platform shoes.

Last edited:
. No one, other than the too-lates for the party and stoner die-hards still wore bell-bottoms and platform shoes.

smcnally-1420824251-elton-john-captain-fantastic-pinball-machine.jpg

I was referring to the listeners, not the performers, but even John later admitted that his best work with Taupin was in the early-mid 70s. For me, he reached his nadir with Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, but my younger brother bought his Captain Fantastic & The Brown Dirt Cowboy album in '75.

The transition was hard on a lot of Brit artists and bands, when Punk took over merry ole England (Sex Pistols-Clash) and Disco (KC & the Sunshine Band-Bee Gees-Donna Summer) took over Murka.

For those of us single guys, who could cut a rug, as opposed to those with two left feet, the ratio of dudes to chicks was 4-1 or more @ live rock bars, and the opposite @ DJ discoteques....a no brainer.

Last edited:
Back