Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Plastic in the Ocean

The World Come Toether To End Ocean Plastic Pollution : It Depends

https://www.newsdeeply.com/oceans/c...her-to-end-ocean-plastic-pollution-it-depends

Surely we can all agree this is a issue that needs to be addressed!

That is extremely unlikely, given the current political tilt in DC.

Instead we are now predisposed to become much more a source of increased carbon emissions, fracking quakes/water-table poisoning, pipeline constructing, national parks reducing, mountaintop removing coal-mining, and plastic/chemical waste output. Deregulation likely makes man-made catastrophic events like the "10 GOM Macondo blowout more likely to occur, rather than less.

The rest of the first world is gonna have to soldier on w/o US leadership at the forefront of global environmental concerns. If there was one word that I could use to describe the state of the nation right now, it would be arrogance, not the acronym "MAGA".

If there was one word that I could use to describe the state of the nation right now, it would be arrogance, not the acronym "MAGA".

'Make America Arrogant Again' You know, like the Boomers would want.

I like how many in the media described the Deepwater Horizon disaster as a "spill"...as if what resulted was merely an accidental dump or leak of contained extracted crude....instead of an erupting geyser of both millions of gallons of crude oil and an unknown mega-volume of methane gas under extremely high pressure.

Matter cannot be destroyed, only changed from one form to another. That catastrophe is/was the ultimate perfect example of "sweeping the problem under the rug," By injecting thousands of gallons of the extremely toxic dispersant Corexit into the erupting gusher, the crude was caused to breakup and sink, only to recollect and settle down to the Gulf's seafloor, where it and the toxin remain to this day and also permanently. Who knows what has/is still happening in the depths, with whatever marine life that has come into contact with it. I also don't know if there has been any effort whatsoever by any organization to study and explore the affected portion of the Gulf to find out, either.

Last edited:
You guys just don't understand. Al Gore showed pictures of polar bears and polar bear are just fine so we should roll back regulations.

Back