Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Guild Wars 2

Dinged 60 last night. Had a great fight against The Shatterer a few days ago. Almost got my monthly achievement done too. Just gotta get some kills in WvW.

Working on getting a second guy to 80. Currently have a guardian to 45. A big patch/update this friday with a new dungeon, a new PvE area, new PvP map, 200 new recipes and a new type of gear.

Haven't played in a few weeks kind of got bored. Waiting for something else.

It's been a while. They announced an expansion today if anybody is interested.

I really want to play an MMO but GW2 didn't have much of an end game two years ago. Do you know if it's any better? I'm hoping for another SW:TOR type. Voice acting is incredible and leveling up was the best.

I really want to play an MMO but GW2 didn't have much of an end game two years ago. Do you know if it's any better? I'm hoping for another SW:TOR type. Voice acting is incredible and leveling up was the best.

Depends what you want out of your endgame. It's not and has never been the typical gear grind MMO. They added ascended armor/weapons/jewelry(not sure if you were around for that)They've done the living story(ies) over the past couple years. Part two was all level 80 content. Part one of the living story was all temporary content that came out every two weeks. It was pretty lackluster until the final third. Living Story 2 is all permanant content, but you had to log in once every two weeks to get it. If you didn't, you can pay like <$5 for each chapter to unlock it permanantly(note this is only the story content). As far as stuff to do at 80: WvW and sPvP, dungeons, fractals, world bosses(they redid Tequatl to make it require coordination, and added a 3 headed jungle wurm that requires the same). They've added a bunch more quality of life stuff to the game, account wallet, wardrobe, champion rewards, achievement chests, pvp reward tracks, group finder.

I've got 9 level 80 characters now and two legendaries, and haven't really slowed down much.

The two new zones they added in the LS are some of the best in the game. Interesting zone wide mechanics, with plenty of rewards to chase.

As far as the expansion goes it looks like there will be plenty of stuff to keep you busy at 80. Class specializations(unlock a new weapon, heal, elite, and utilties for your class), class mastery(hang gliding/combat/lore-based). Here is the trailer for the expansion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOUk2y0K2m8

Man, the MMO world just doesn't do it for me. There's something about the single player experience that just helps me immerse in the game so much more.

Man, the MMO world just doesn't do it for me. There's something about the single player experience that just helps me immerse in the game so much more.

You can play an MMO as a single player, sort of. Just don't team up with anyone people do it all the time.

Yeah well that kind of takes away from the design of the game. Those games are meant to be played with others; often times if you try to go alone and into the world there's too many monsters to handle solo.

Yeah well that kind of takes away from the design of the game. Those games are meant to be played with others; often times if you try to go alone and into the world there's too many monsters to handle solo.

There's always away. Maybe not dungeons but in the world, just makes long fights. Be creative..I play solo most of the time myself..

Back