Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP Glenn Frey

Thumb

Dead at 67.

Lots of rock musicians going lately.

This one hits home a little personally because Timothy Schmidt's daughter and son in law have been neighbors and friends for a lot of years.

Moments after I heard the news on the radio I ran into the son in law and he was in shock.

we should have a sub-forum for musicians who die.

and if you make a thread about someone dying, and no one else commiserates with your sadness over the recent death, your thread is deleted, and all other posters have to silently tell themselves that you must have bad taste in music because no one else cares when musicians you like die.

I was going to comment in the Lemmy Kilmister thread because I gather he was a cool guy, but in all honesty, I've only ever heard one M?torhead song, Ace of Spades, and that was only because it was part of the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 soundtrack.

It's sad Glenn Frey died, but if I never heard another 70's era "country rock" song by The Eagles or Jackson Browne, I would be okay with that, even if it meant I could never listen to Hotel California again.

It's sad Glenn Frey died, but if I never heard another 70's era "country rock" song by The Eagles or Jackson Browne, I would be okay with that, even if it meant I could never listen to Hotel California again.

If that were the case, you would be in the same boat as Glenn Frey.

He's never going to hear another one again either.

God damn...

Here's Glenn on stage with a bunch of great rock chicks celebrating Linda Ronstadt's induction into the rock and roll Hall of Fame.

I still cannot believe he's gone.

I'm still in a state of shock.

And now Randy Meisner's wife manages to shoot herself to death in a bizarre and flukish situation.

Back