Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Beatles info

Do people cry and faint for anyone now? And just think, Pete Best was the Wally Pipp of rock bands.

Last edited:
Do people cry and faint for anyone now? And just think, Pete Best was the Wally Pipp of rock bands.

John Lennon bought him a grocery store. So there was that. And Ringo was the final piece to the puzzle. No Ringo, no Beatles.

John, Paul, George and ... Pete? No.

Girls still cry and faint for those teenage boy bands that Disney trots out every 6 months.

I know people call the Beatles "the original boy band" sometimes, and in a sense there's some truth to that. but i always think that they were at least a real band of musicians... i.e. they actually could play and write music, and moved beyond pop music over their career, all of which elevated them above the level of "disposable consumer product" that today's "boy bands" are at.

shit.

another little known Pete Best fact... his mom had an affair with one of the Beatles roadies around the time he was kicked out of the band, and actually got pregnant and had a kid with him.

Getting kicked out of a band can't come with much more bad vibes than that! it's like they did him on multiple fronts.

another little known Pete Best fact... his mom had an affair with one of the Beatles roadies around the time he was kicked out of the band, and actually got pregnant and had a kid with him.

Getting kicked out of a band can't come with much more bad vibes than that! it's like they did him on multiple fronts.

Neil Aspenall was more than a roadie. He became friends with Best and lived in his house and he knew McCartney and Harrison from grammar school.

I listen to a few of the clips and clip threeit was john who says

" when I was a beatle I thought we were the best god damn band in the world . It's just a matter of time. Or something along those lines.

Last edited:
Back