Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Vikings OC resigns

thehippo73

Norv Turner has resigned as offensive coordinator for the Vikings. Per Shefter on Twitter.

Just in time for the Lions to swoop in and steal a road win!

hmm - ya that def. makes this week interesting. Its hard to implement a new system in 1 week, we saw how that worked for us last year in JBCs first game.... However, I expect them to be improved offensively the second time we play them (on Thanksgiving)

Still dont see us winning the game, as their Defense is good enough to stop our Offense, and our Defense is bad/beat up enough to let a HS QB shred us

He is scared to face the lions 2 times in next 4 weeks

And right after we trade for Johnthan Banks. This is not a coincidence. He's scared shitless.

And right after we trade for Johnthan Banks. This is not a coincidence. He's scared shitless.

And he should be. Seriously though, this is pretty untimely. Him and Bradford not hitting it off? What gives? I see Zimmer had a minor medical procedure done this week, did Turner pop him in the chops and dip, or what? Poor Vikings fans are shutting the fuck up at my work, that's all I know. I really hope we humiliate them this week.

Shurmur was bradfords oc in philly and rams. He takes over

And he should be. Seriously though, this is pretty untimely. Him and Bradford not hitting it off? What gives? I see Zimmer had a minor medical procedure done this week, did Turner pop him in the chops and dip, or what? Poor Vikings fans are shutting the fuck up at my work, that's all I know. I really hope we humiliate them this week.

Timing is beyond odd, especially for a team in first place. I get the past two weeks didn't go their way, but still...

Bit of a surprise.. What'd they expect, lose their QB - and AP. And because of that they have one of the worse rushing team in the NFL. Based on last two weeks maybe the DC should have resigned..

Everyone is getting to Bradford. PHI hit him 20 times and forced 5 sack fumbles. Our dline better have a good day.

That being said ouroline has improved drastically over the last several weeks. Be interesting to see how we hold up against the MIN pass rush.

Everyone is getting to Bradford. PHI hit him 20 times and forced 5 sack fumbles. Our dline better have a good day.

That being said ouroline has improved drastically over the last several weeks. Be interesting to see how we hold up against the MIN pass rush.

What Rush? I watched the 1st half and some of the 3rd quarter vs the Bears and their rush didn't do jack shit. They're not the same team defensively. We should score 30 on them..

What Rush? I watched the 1st half and some of the 3rd quarter vs the Bears and their rush didn't do jack shit. They're not the same team defensively. We should score 30 on them..

should have scored 30 on the titans, bears and Hou too. Shoulda woulda coulda.

should have scored 30 on the titans, bears and Hou too. Shoulda woulda coulda.

True but at seasons start even 3 weeks ago I thought no way we had a chance but now, who knows. Of course it's a road game and we have a defense that's shit but Minny has been playing like shit.. Freakin' Cutler looked like a stud..

True but at seasons start even 3 weeks ago I thought no way we had a chance but now, who knows. Of course it's a road game and we have a defense that's shit but Minny has been playing like shit.. Freakin' Cutler looked like a stud..

agreed, the MIN team of the last 2 weeks looks nothing like the first 5. We defeinitely have a shot. We just need the dline to be able to apply pressure in order to have a chance imo.

There is a theory going around that Shurmur was actually the one designing and calling plays the first 4 games with Bradford due to his familiarity coaching him. Norv got his duties back over the bye week and produced two extremely lack luster games back at the helm designing and calling plays.Management then tells Norv they want Shurmur calling plays and Norv resigns.

Who knows if this is actually true (just a rumor/theory by some fans), but it is plausible.

Yeah don't hold your breath for the lions d line to have a good day they've been more or less non exsistant all year, ziggy who?

Last edited:
Back