Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bo Jackson quote

tomdalton22

Bo Jackson was one of the greatest athletes of the 20th century, competing at the highest level in both football and baseball. But knowing what he does now about the violence of the game, Jackson says he would have never played football and would steer his kids to other sports like baseball, basketball or soccer.

"If I knew back then what I know now,'' Jackson told USA Today, "I would have never played football. Never. I wish I had known about all of those head injuries, but no one knew that. And the people that did know that, they wouldn't tell anybody. The game has gotten so violent, so rough. We're so much more educated on this CTE stuff [chronic traumatic encephalopathy], there's no way I would ever allow my kids to play football today."

Back