Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Romo traded to?

turok

The Browns? >:D

Packers fans booing on an unusually balmy Sunday evening in mid-October, in Green Bay @ Lambeau...music to my ears...even if it is vs the Cowboys.
!
Moar boos!!

Last edited:
Nowhere. Nobody is taking on a 36 yr old broken down QB...

Romo is actually in a pretty good position still. He's going to back up Prescott and he'll get to be the "savior" if Dak plays poorly. If not, he sit's the bench, gets healthy, makes millions and he'll get traded next year to the first team who looses their QB to injury......like Bradford did this year.

But you're right Tony.....nobody is going to count on him to be their guy for more than 1 year at this point. Jerrah Jones just has such a hard on for that guy for some reason. I have no idea why......he hasn't won ANYTHING.

Romo is actually in a pretty good position still. He's going to back up Prescott and he'll get to be the "savior" if Dak plays poorly. If not, he sit's the bench, gets healthy, makes millions and he'll get traded next year to the first team who looses their QB to injury......like Bradford did this year.

But you're right Tony.....nobody is going to count on him to be their guy for more than 1 year at this point. Jerrah Jones just has such a hard on for that guy for some reason. I have no idea why......he hasn't won ANYTHING.

He's always been a pretty good QB. He's put up monster numbers in the past. I think that's why he's never been replaced up until now. Age and injuries are catching up.
There will be a handful of teams looking for a QB next year. Is Romo up for the task? That'll be on him i think.....

Cowboys insist that they aren't sweating Romo's return as their starting QB, when he recovers from IR, but they are just blowing smoke up the M$M's ass, IMO. Although I have hated the franchise and its swaggering, boastful fanbase, ever since the Lions lost to them 5-0 in the '70 WC game, it admittedly is b/c of their overall success since then, as opposed to the Lions' legacy of abject futility.

If Prescott duplicates his first-half numbers, by remaining their team's starting QB, then he would compile ~4000 yds passing, 24 TDs, only 4 INTs, a 112 passer rating, and a 14-2 W/L record. There is no way that he is gonna be carrying a clipboard, unless he becomes injured, or suddenly performs like a mistake-prone rookie, and loses a couple of games in a row.

The Lions don't play @ Cowboys until Week 16, so IF they are actually gonna start Romo, he should have already QB a few games by then. But even if so, their stud rookie RB Elliott is on pace to amass nearly 1800 yds rushing, with 14 TDs, and the Lions won't have faced a RB who is capable of putting up those numbers, unless AP who had knee surgery early in the season, plays for the Vikings in their TGD matchup.

The Browns are now 0-9, and appear destined to join the '08 NFC Lions as the AFC's only 0-16 team. Their last best chance of a win being maybe vs the currently 3-4-1 div rival Bengals. All of the rest of their remaining schedule is vs or @ teams with at least 4 wins, including 2 with the struggling div rival Steelers, but now have QB Raperfurburger back from injury. If I was the Browns, who have used like 6 or 7 QBs already, and will likely use their probable #1 pick in the first round of next year's draft on another QB, since "Johnny Football" crashed and burned, how much of Romo's remaining salary that they would be willing to eat, in exchange for trading, for example, their third round pick. But hey...maybe the Browns don't mind or care about their potential and looming place in the annals of NFL infamy.

Last edited:
If madden 17 is any indicator he's headed to Buffalo. Makes no sense but it's Madden.

Back