Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Confederate monuments

Michchamp

Burn em all down, and chop them all up. Good riddance I say.

What other country in the world puts up monuments to honor people that committed armed treason in defense of slavery and white supremacy?

What other country in the world puts up monuments to honor people that committed armed treason in defense of slavery and white supremacy?

The very same nation that slaughters the innocent in the womb and has elite universities that name International Schools of Public Affairs after progressive racists. So let's demolish that as well.

This brand of damnatio memoriae neglects that perhaps we need to reflect on our heritage from all vantage points. A true "tolerant" measure would be to leave them be and change their purpose.

Armed treason?

The south used their rights to ceded from the Union. It was the Union which refused to giveup their military positions and thus sparking the armed conflict.

Walking the dog just last weekend someone had a front plate with the confederate flag on a freaking Equinox car. We just shook our head. Rednecks gotta neck in any vehicle I guess.

Walking the dog just last weekend someone had a front plate with the confederate flag on a freaking Equinox car. We just shook our head. Rednecks gotta neck in any vehicle I guess.

Out on the road today I saw a Dead head sticker on a Cadillac...The more shit changes the more shit stays the same.

A guy I work with has an America First! bumper sticker on his Hyundai.

A guy I work with has an America First! bumper sticker on his Hyundai.
I assume by America you mean USA.
Well the Elantra, Santa Fe, and Sonata are made in Alabama.

As apposed to the Buick Envision made in China.
Ram trucks, Dodge Journey, Ram Promaster, Promaster City made in Mexico
Chrysler 300, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger, Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Grand Caravan made in Kanada
Jeep Renegade made in Italy
Jeep Compass made in Mexico
Ford Transit Connect made in Spain
Lincoln MKZ, Ford Fusion made in Mexico
Chevy Impala/Equinox/Camaro, Buick Regal, Cadillac XTS made in Kanada
Cadilllac SRX, Chevy Cruze/Sonic made in Mexico

Pretty sure missing a ton.

I assume by Kanada you actually mean Canada.

Or, as we like to refer to it, America Jr.

I assume by Kanada you actually mean Canada.

Or, as we like to refer to it, America Jr.

Don't know what "we" you are referring to, but that's not a term I have ever used or heard of.

I assume by America you mean USA.
Well the Elantra, Santa Fe, and Sonata are made in Alabama.

As apposed to the Buick Envision made in China.
Ram trucks, Dodge Journey, Ram Promaster, Promaster City made in Mexico
Chrysler 300, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger, Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Grand Caravan made in Kanada
Jeep Renegade made in Italy
Jeep Compass made in Mexico
Ford Transit Connect made in Spain
Lincoln MKZ, Ford Fusion made in Mexico
Chevy Impala/Equinox/Camaro, Buick Regal, Cadillac XTS made in Kanada
Cadilllac SRX, Chevy Cruze/Sonic made in Mexico

Pretty sure missing a ton.

I love to shove it in someone's face when they make a 'foreign car' comment to me that my car was made in Georgia and theirs was made overseas.

Last edited:
I love to shove it in someone's face when they make a 'foreign car' comment to me that my car was made in Georgia and theirs was made overseas.

Used to get harrased for driving a Japanese car (which some of the union guys claim is a communist car) and that only 'American' cars are good. Its like they are completely oblivious they now work for an Italian company.

Funny one of them was on third transmission in 18 months of a brand new car. Good thing he had a company lease. :clap:

Last two and a half years I worked there, none of the vehicles I worked on were made in USA. All the plants were elsewhere.

Early on I worked on 3 vehicles made in USA, two of them have been cancelled without replacement.

Trump waxes historical about Andrew Jackson and the Civil War, in his own idiotic way.

a bit of knowledge, dangerous thing, etc.

more racist Confederate monuments - all of which were erected well after the Civil War during the Jim Crow era or during the 1960's fights against Civil Rights and integration - which belies the argument they are war graves and/or cultural symbols - coming down following the racial violence caused by neo-nazis and white supremacists in Charlottesville.

link, and cities across the South are pledging to remove them. Baltimore, New Orleans (in progress), Atlanta.

tear them all down, melt them into new liberty bells celebrating those who gave their lives to preserve our nation, eliminate the evil of slavery, and stamp out those who committed treason in defense of slavery.

Did You know that Arlington National Cemetary was built on land seized from Robert E. Lee's estate and dedicated as a burial ground for Union troops who died fighting that treasonous slave owner? that was a powerful and poignant gesture. a lot more of that should've been done after the war.

Did you know that contrary to popular opinion, Lee was not a reluctant slave owner and gentleman? nor were his views on slavery progressive in any way. read this... and this. and this. about all you can say in his defense is he was not the worst slave owner.

My advice to everybody who is sane is just stay away from protests. Neo-Nazis, Black Lives Matter, Ku Klux Klan, anarchists in Berkeley-just stay away.

Nothing good is ever going to come of going out into the streets and trying to be reasonable with crazy people.

Last edited:
My advice to everybody who is sane is just stay away from protests. Neo-Nazis, Black Lives Matter, Ku Klux Klan, anarchists in Berkeley-just stay away.

Nothing good is ever going to come of going out into the streets and trying to be reasonable with crazy people.

I'd like to add: also, no good is ever going to come from being a racist. and adults who make the decision to become white supremacists and go stand publicly side-by-side with other white supremacists are not victims when people identify them and criticise them for their publicly espoused beliefs.

Back