Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ziggy thinking of leaving the Lions? Will talk with Suh about free agency

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/05/lions_ezekiel_ansah_will_consu.html#incart_river_index
Ezekiel Ansah will consult Ndamukong Suh about free agency in Detroit.
Mlive

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...-lions-ezekiel-ansah-ndamukong-suh/101468194/
Lions' Ziggy Ansah: I'll ask Ndamukong Suh for contract advice.
Freep

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ill-consult-suh-contract-situation/101473268/
Lions? Ansah will consult Suh about contract situation.
Detnews

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/05...g-ziggy-ansah-unsure-about-future-in-detroit/
With Free Agency Looming, Ziggy Ansah Unsure About Future In Detroit.
CBSDetroit

Ansah said he likes it here. Plus franchise tag

Suh said he liked it here too. Why would he talk with him unless he plans on leaving?

Don't make much of it. Guessing he's just looking for the biggest payday. You can't get top dollar unless you have some control. Thinking of leaving gives you that.

Don't make much of it. Guessing he's just looking for the biggest payday. You can't get top dollar unless you have some control. Thinking of leaving gives you that.

Doesn't he have an agent though? Why go to Suh?

I hoped Quinn would get him resigned before it came to something like this

Why is it a crime if he talks to Suh? Ansah might be trying to put a scare in the organization. Drop Suh's name and look what happens. People speculating that Ansah is already gone lol. Ansah might be thinking the same thing. It's a bargaining chip. We all seen what happened to Mayhew with Suh. Suh bent him the fuck over and dry fucked him....didn't even get a call back the next day or nothing. I'd like to think that Quinn is smarter than that and this will be handled at the right time.

Last edited:
Why is it a crime if he talks to Suh? Ansah might be trying to put a scare in the organization. Drop Suh's name and look what happens. People speculating that Ansah is already gone lol. Ansah might be thinking the same thing. It's a bargaining chip. We all seen what happened to Mayhew with Suh. Suh bent him the fuck over and dry fucked him....didn't even get a call back the next day or nothing. I'd like to think that Quinn is smarter than that and this will be handled at the right time.

Graphic Tony, .... graphic. But true

No it doesn't lol. How so?

This is on the premise we don't offer him what he wants.. Of course that could change after a tag assuming that's the route we go. My thought is that if he says he wants this, and we offer that so we tag him instead - he goes into his tag without a contract. Imo, there is no benefit for him to not test free agency.. Assuming money is his first priority.

I could be wrong but that's what I see.

Last edited:
I hoped Quinn would get him resigned before it came to something like this

Worked out well for the Lions. He had a bad year.....if he follows it up with another bad year......his price tag will go down. If some team is still willing to shell out huge money the Lions SHOULD let him walk (IF he has another down year in '17).

I love Ziggy and hope he stays, but another 2-5 sack year and that opinion will change. If he wants to test free agency that's fine, but the Lions will have the money to offer him a massive contract if he returns to his 15 sack form.

If he has a big year in 2017 he will be a Lion in 2018, no doubt about it.

Worked out well for the Lions. He had a bad year.....if he follows it up with another bad year......his price tag will go down. If some team is still willing to shell out huge money the Lions SHOULD let him walk (IF he has another down year in '17).

I love Ziggy and hope he stays, but another 2-5 sack year and that opinion will change. If he wants to test free agency that's fine, but the Lions will have the money to offer him a massive contract if he returns to his 15 sack form.

If he has a big year in 2017 he will be a Lion in 2018, no doubt about it.

Agreed....i have the hope that ziggys down year was due to his ankles being hurt all year but at this point you might as well wait to see if his production increases. If it doesnt then hes probably worth alot less having back to back low production seasons. Regardless youll have to pay him alot to keep him here but theres a big difference if he finishes with a double digit sack year. Can he show he can be a consistent double digit sack guy or is he just Avril v2.0 which should be paid less money? Im glad hes going to talk to Suh....i hope he starts it by saying "Yo, so why have you sucked ever since you got paid?....youre almost completely irrelevant now."

If ziggy does have a good year again you just franchise him for the next two if he won't sign. Suh was able to leave because Martin Mayhew made a terrible mistake in the fact that he restructured ndamukongs contract so much that it ballooned his franchise number to a ridiculous amount that no team could afford. Ziggy doesn't have that luxury.

Back