Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Happy Memorial Day

Michchamp

we're gonna start grillin in a bit. hurr.

it's supposedly only 78 out, but the humidity is unfuckingbelievable here. feels like you're walking through a sauna.

we're gonna start grillin in a bit. hurr.

it's supposedly only 78 out, but the humidity is unfuckingbelievable here. feels like you're walking through a sauna.

Up in the mountains all weekend for kiddo's Youth Lacrosse Tourney.

Got snow, hail and rain on Saturday - made for a mucky, muddy mess but kids had a blast!

Held my grandchildren much of the weekend. Did some handy-man stuff in at my daughter's place mid-MI. Spent 30 of the 96 hours from F-M on the road. Wished no one a "Happy" Memorial Day.

Held my grandchildren much of the weekend. Did some handy-man stuff in at my daughter's place mid-MI. Spent 30 of the 96 hours from F-M on the road. Wished no one a "Happy" Memorial Day.

Spent time with your daughter and held your grandchildren and you weren't happy? Is your new name Scrooge or Grinch?

Spent time with your daughter and held your grandchildren and you weren't happy? Is your new name Scrooge or Grinch?

I did recall a moment that I shared with my dad when I was a kid as we reviewed his photo album from his time on the islands of Siapan and Tinian. (I still have it) He was pointing out people and offering small anecdotes about them. About more than a few, he said "He was killed in a bombing raid, his plane was shot down, etc ..."

ce.jpg

Tinian Military Cemetary, 1945.

Aw fuck. yeah, my bad. Poor choice of words. Or word. I'll remember to be more somber when I post this thread next Memorial Day. Hopefully I don't screw up veterans day in November.

If we can't be happy on Memorial Day then what was the point?

I had to work, so I was somber and happy. Had to work, BUT made more cash because of the holiday.

It's a day to honor lost lives.. Not to be unhappy with people still alive..

If you were happy to interact with anyone you interacted with who wasn't dead on memorial day, that's perfectly fine with me.

I have no problem with that at all.

If you were happy to interact with anyone you interacted with who wasn't dead on memorial day, that's perfectly fine with me.

I have no problem with that at all.

I did talk to my Dad. He was a Korean War vet. I have it all covered..

Back