Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tabor read and react times

“In our Island Test, Teez showed off his incredible ball-hawking skills,” the show’s host said. “He was able to begin reacting to an out route, deep ball or handoff on average in just .280 seconds. That’s almost 40 percent faster than the average time for defensive backs we tested in our lab for the last five years.

That's a big difference.

I don't know if the Lions have ever drafted a guy that I'd like to see defy expectations more than Tabor.

I guess I better not buy his Jersey. That just jinx's them all to hell..

That's a big difference.

I don't know if the Lions have ever drafted a guy that I'd like to see defy expectations more than Tabor.

He still was a 2nd round pick. The expectations would be to be at least a #2 CB in the NFL. It would be great if he could exceed those.

He still was a 2nd round pick. The expectations would be to be at least a #2 CB in the NFL. It would be great if he could exceed those.

Slay is extended. Don't need him to unless Slay gets hurt.

He can be. Just saying he only needs to be a good number 2

I don't think you can really judge a corner until year 3, but I think Teez will be just fine. Slower than Slay, but better instincts. I think he will make an impact, but not right away.

I don't think you can really judge a corner until year 3, but I think Teez will be just fine. Slower than Slay, but better instincts. I think he will make an impact, but not right away.

I think he shuts peoples mouths year 1

Put him on the outside and let him learn. Lawson does not belong out there... he will be much better In the slot.

Put him on the outside and let him learn. Lawson does not belong out there... he will be much better In the slot.

This. We have a lot of depth right now at CB for once and hopefully it pushes them all to compete and be hungry for a spot.

I'm all for throwing a kid in the fire and letting him learn the hard way, but I won't fret if TT doesn't win that #2 CB job right away. Tabor can play the slot too. Of course if this happens, Tabor will automatically become a bust too many on this board lol.

I think he shuts peoples mouths year 1

It would be an incredible feat for ANY rookie to silence the critics playing that well in year 1. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does too.. but it would take a miracle.

The thing with DBs is often you can't judge how any one of them plays. You have to judge the entire unit. If the secondary plays better together, he's done his job.

It would be an incredible feat for ANY rookie to silence the critics playing that well in year 1. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does too.. but it would take a miracle.

The thing with DBs is often you can't judge how any one of them plays. You have to judge the entire unit. If the secondary plays better together, he's done his job.

Slay,Lawson, Quin and wilson played well last year and graded well. Pass rush and lbs and nickels did not

New lbs, Ansah healthy and new nickels. Tabor challenges but Lawson is a solid cb to beat

CB might be one of the hardest positions for a rookie to come in and learn off the bat. Veteran WRs are looking for every mistake, and how to beat a kid, and they know how to do it. Look at Patrick Peterson in Arizona. He's a phenomenally talented player, but his first two seasons.. talent was what you saw, not experience. He didn't really come on until year three, which is when most top CBs start to shine.

I don't want to put any unrealistic expectations on Tabor. I think he plays fast, regardless of what his 40 times show. Based on tape alone, I think he should have been the first DB off the board this year.

Let the kid learn. He's going to get eaten alive in some games year one, and he's going to make some plays. By year three, Tabor and Slay could be a light out combo.

CB might be one of the hardest positions for a rookie to come in and learn off the bat. Veteran WRs are looking for every mistake, and how to beat a kid, and they know how to do it. Look at Patrick Peterson in Arizona. He's a phenomenally talented player, but his first two seasons.. talent was what you saw, not experience. He didn't really come on until year three, which is when most top CBs start to shine.

I don't want to put any unrealistic expectations on Tabor. I think he plays fast, regardless of what his 40 times show. Based on tape alone, I think he should have been the first DB off the board this year.

Let the kid learn. He's going to get eaten alive in some games year one, and he's going to make some plays. By year three, Tabor and Slay could be a light out combo.

How many times did this board crucify Slay his rookie year? A lot. Because he was bad. Really bad.

It will take time......but I also think Teez Nuts is more NFL ready than Slay was.

Like he said, he's not running track. He will be just fine this year and be a great player opposite Slay.

Back