Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Thread Topics You Would be so Disintersted In You Would Make a Point to Post That

tinselwolverine

Well what with memorial day weekend getting underway here and the unofficial beginning of summer is unofficially beginning, I would imagine most of you are sitting around bored with nothing to do while waiting in eager anticipation for the football season to kick off.

So it occurred to me that this thread-and I'm going to keep what gave me the idea a secret-would give us all something fun to do.

The thread title is pretty self-explanatory but just go over it again, what thread subjects would disinterest you so much that you would go on that thread and make a point to post How completely uninterested in the subject you are?

I'll go ahead and start, off the top of my head, if Dubbs was to start a thread about the stuff that he was going to do over the summer, that would be so mind numbingly uninteresting to me that I would feel compelled to go on that thread and post just how uninterested I was in it.

OK so who wants to go next? MichChamp? Hungry? Vic?

Last edited:
I'll go next. Here are mine:

- NASCAR
- pro wrestling
- backyard wrestling
- UFC/MMA
- Comic books
- movies based off comic books
- sequels to movies based off comic books
- food writing, unless the topic is something timely & practical (like planning a Memorial Day BBQ) or nostalgic Ann Arbor restaurants
- anything jwlcosu posts

Lol this thread has so much potential to go south. Let the shit tossing and irrational name calling begin! KING IN THE NORTH!!!

I'll go next. Here are mine:

- NASCAR
- pro wrestling
- backyard wrestling
- UFC/MMA
- Comic books
- movies based off comic books
- sequels to movies based off comic books
- food writing, unless the topic is something timely & practical (like planning a Memorial Day BBQ) or nostalgic Ann Arbor restaurants
- anything jwlcosu posts

I just I thought of something that's pretty funny.

Do you know how southern rednecks talk in a way that makes us want to grab them by their hair and shove their face and head into the nearest public toilet and drown them if we could get away with it, yet the British Talk in a way that would make us want to offer to curl up at the foot of their beds and sleep on their floors like we were their pets, and we would do that if we weren't too embarrassed to ask?

Well I have a pretty good ear for accents and over the years I've known a number of Southern rednecks and also a number of British people and you know what?

British people feel just as made fun of when you speak to them in their own British accent as southern rednecks you do when you speak to them in their own stupid retarded southern accent.

Now who the fuck would've thought that?

Last edited:
I've never heard that about British accents. I have heard that we Yanks sometimes struggle telling the trashy British accents apart from the high class ones. a cockney accent might be obvious but others less so.

Michael Caine said he was only cast in the role of a British officer in Zulu because the casting director was American. at that point in his career he still hadn't lost his lower class accent.

I know from experience that once they start drinking, Brits, Australians, and New Zealanders are almost impossible to understand. (Canadians are okay though).

I'll add:

- the NBA's one-and-done rule
- data regarding to the political affiliation and income of religious leaders

There's this show called Say Yes to the Dress. I've seen way too much of it. Any is too much, but I have tolerated a great deal of it. If there was a thread about it, I'd have to weigh in on how bothered I would be by the existence of that thread.

There's this show called Say Yes to the Dress. I've seen way too much of it. Any is too much, but I have tolerated a great deal of it. If there was a thread about it, I'd have to weigh in on how bothered I would be by the existence of that thread.

Yeah, my wife likes that show. Whenever I come home and she has it on I typically go into the den and do something else.

I don't know why woman who have already landed their prey would be so interested in such things, but then, women are mystifying creatures sometimes.

Back