Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Men's Basketball Recruiting

Hey, Bob. I don't know what app Monster is using for page 13, but the David Dejulius stuff is post #256

I'm encouraged by the multiple call outs of his athleticism in the scouting reports to go along with a high skill level.

Good thing we didn't get Bamba (like we ever had a real shot anyway):

Bamba’s older brother, Ibrahim Johnson, went into detail about a relationship between Mohamed and an outside influence named Greer Love. He claims that Love supplied Bamba with gifts (TV, $200 a week, vacations, and others are mentioned specifically) in order to be in his inner-circle once he becomes a pro. He also states that Bamba “will not play college basketball this year” and that he has already reported him to the NCAA and will speak with them. He makes it clear in a comment to his video that no money came from the University of Texas. This is an important point, as this saves the school from repercussions, though not necessarily saving Bamba’s eligibility.

He says that the NCAA contacted his brother and that Bamba told them Love does the same for other players, which would essentially be Bamba admitting to the allegation (of course, if his story is true).

Whether or not this is all true remains to be seen, but the allegations are very detailed and the booster that he describes is exactly who he says he is. Greer Love is the Vice President of Huron Capital, a Michigan based venture capital and private equity organization.

Love is also a University of Michigan alum. It may just be a coincidence that Bamba, a consensus top 5 recruit, had the Wolverines on his final list. Regardless, it is an interesting detail in hindsight.

Good thing we didn't get Bamba (like we ever had a real shot anyway):

Bamba?s older brother, Ibrahim Johnson, went into detail about a relationship between Mohamed and an outside influence named Greer Love. He claims that Love supplied Bamba with gifts (TV, $200 a week, vacations, and others are mentioned specifically) in order to be in his inner-circle once he becomes a pro. He also states that Bamba ?will not play college basketball this year? and that he has already reported him to the NCAA and will speak with them. He makes it clear in a comment to his video that no money came from the University of Texas. This is an important point, as this saves the school from repercussions, though not necessarily saving Bamba?s eligibility.

He says that the NCAA contacted his brother and that Bamba told them Love does the same for other players, which would essentially be Bamba admitting to the allegation (of course, if his story is true).

Whether or not this is all true remains to be seen, but the allegations are very detailed and the booster that he describes is exactly who he says he is. Greer Love is the Vice President of Huron Capital, a Michigan based venture capital and private equity organization.

Love is also a University of Michigan alum. It may just be a coincidence that Bamba, a consensus top 5 recruit, had the Wolverines on his final list. Regardless, it is an interesting detail in hindsight.

Looks like the brother may be the real POS in this scenario. http://texas.247sports.com/Article/...-Mo-Bambas-Longtime-Mentor-Responds--53379813

Sorry, way off topic, but I scrolled down a couple articles on that link and read that Urban Meyer is sending texts and letters to a recruits girlfriend and her mom. What a creep. I hope Harbaugh never goes that route.

Edit: Didn't scroll down enough, looks like Jay Harbaugh reportedly did a similar thing a couple years ago. What a world..

Last edited:
Sorry, way off topic, but I scrolled down a couple articles on that link and read that Urban Meyer is sending texts and letters to a recruits girlfriend and her mom. What a creep. I hope Harbaugh never goes that route.

Edit: Didn't scroll down enough, looks like Jay Harbaugh reportedly did a similar thing a couple years ago. What a world..

This is ridiculous. For one, no one should care about someone's high school girlfriend. They aren't staying together 99% of the time. They shouldn't. The first couple of years of college, at the very least, are no place for having a girlfriend.

Last edited:
Taylor Currie has decommitted from Michigan.

I am confused as to why he decommitted. On twitter he said that he decommitted after learning what was really important about the recruiting process.

That was my thought. We know Beilein isnt involved in any of that.

It's just a weird thing to say. Why would recent events make him realize what's important in recruiting? I hope he's not implying that he took money. I know Coach wouldn't be involved, but can you say that about Nike reps that want to push him to go to their brand new school?

But then again, he isn't highly rated and doesn't seem to be on any NBA scouts' radars at the moment and his skill set seems to have a ceiling of an nba bench player. I just don't see what he could possibly have meant.

Back