Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Al Avila Scorecard

Rebbiv

Randy Wolf

Guido Knudson

Fransisco Rodriguez

Jordan Zimmermann

Mike Pelfrey

Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Mark Lowe

Cameron Maybin

Nate Schierholtz

Mike Aviles

Justin Upton

Kody Eaves

Bobby Parnell

Casey McGehee

Myles Jaye

Bobby Wilson

John Hicks

Alex Presley

Erick Aybar

Victor Alcantra

Alex Alvila

Mike Mahtook

Am I missing anyone?

Odd that such an exhaustive list would fail to include arguably the best acquisition.

But there is a ton of garbage in there.

He's been good this year but last year he didn't do much.. 4.14 ERA last year over 58.2 innings. I know ERA is not the end all be all, but still.

I know he's had a good year so far this year though. It just sucks that in over 20 acquisitions the best piece is a relief pitcher.

Last edited:
He's been good this year but last year he didn't do much.. 4.14 ERA last year over 58.2 innings. I know ERA is not the end all be all, but still.

I know he's had a good year so far this year though. It just sucks that in over 20 acquisitions the best piece is a relief pitcher.

Trust me, I'm not saying he's been great. I just don't know how you remember Nate Schierholtz but not Wilson. But if I were making that list I'd probably forget over half of them, so I'm not talkin shit.

So he said depending on how they do in June they could have a fire sale.. Regardless if they lost I don't see that happening because no one is running away with the division or wild card races.. I see Detroit in the race, even if they're a .500 team. Imo, I see Cleveland probably winning the division but honestly it could be anyone..

Who to sell? Who's buying? Who 10 and 5, got no trade clause. There's reasons Tigers did not move players during the off season. O, over paid contracts. And now under performing by leaps and bounds. Moving some could be next to slim and impossible. Money wise Tigers should be better in 2018. They could even take on a JD 20 mill contract and lower there salary. But that could limit moves. And that will not get any younger.

Who to sell? Who's buying? Who 10 and 5, got no trade clause. There's reasons Tigers did not move players during the off season. O, over paid contracts. And now under performing by leaps and bounds. Moving some could be next to slim and impossible. Money wise Tigers should be better in 2018. They could even take on a JD 20 mill contract and lower there salary. But that could limit moves. And that will not get any younger.

JD has the most trade value.

http://www.espn.com/blog/mlb/rumors...tral-high-trade-value-for-tigers-j-d-martinez

They might be able to get something for Ian.

The only other guy might be Justin Wilson.

I don't see a RP getting much.. Maybe a young RP that might have a chance 2-3 years away.

I was just looking at the Tigers roster and finding players that would have value to a contending team (when considering salary). Those are the only 3 I could come up with. Pretty sad.

I was just looking at the Tigers roster and finding players that would have value to a contending team (when considering salary). Those are the only 3 I could come up with. Pretty sad.

How about Avila? This is the time to do it with the year he's having.. Maybe Iggy with his somewhat surge at the plate. But yeah, it's pretty sad.

How about Avila? This is the time to do it with the year he's having.. Maybe Iggy with his somewhat surge at the plate. But yeah, it's pretty sad.

Avila did cross my mind. IMO, Iggy has no value to a contending team. He would likely be a bench player...who needs a defensive only bench player? My guess is most teams would be looking for bench bats.

Last edited:
Trading maybin leaving a black hole in center was just brilliant to. I would love to see al Avila fired

Back