Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Best Tigers Game you went to at Briggs/Tiger Stadium / Comerica Park

This must have been the last interview Kaline gave.
?It was sad to see it go. I kind of hoped they would keep a part of it ? at least a section of it ? so that people could take their kids and grandkids to see where Ty Cobb, Hank Greenberg, and Charlie Gehringer used to play.
I got to play there, as well. I was blessed to play a great game, and to do it in Detroit.? ? Al Kaline, former Detroit Tigers outfielder, April 2020.

May 18, 1959 Today is the anniversary of My Favorite and the Best Tigers Game I went to even if it was at Fenway Park.

The first game was in late July of 1954 at Briggs Stadium and the day I began my life long love of Baseball and Our Tigers.

Back