Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Guided by voices

deathroh

Any fans?

They're a band I've never given a chance, but I have the opportunity to see them in a couple months.

Planning on checking them out through Spotify, but can anyone attest to their live show?

I've heard of them but not their music. according to my brief interweb search, they apparently are (or were) known for putting on a hell of a live show so its probably worth checking out.

theyve gotta be pushing 50 though based on their years active (edit: actually pushing 60) so presumably they've slowed down a bit.

looks like they'll be in houston when I'm back in Michigan

Indie band, plus they still have the main guy though many others have changed throughout the years.

Indie band, plus they still have the main guy though many others have changed throughout the years.

Pretty sure the lead guitarist is back with them for this tour. Believe he and the main singer are the only originals, but that should cover most of the bases.

That said, I wasn't that impressed with what I listened to. I think I might have been confusing them with Fugazi for some reason, I was expecting some more umph. Though like MC pointed out, it does sound like they're good live so I'm sure things get turned up. Just not sure it's worth wasting a babysitter, and the hour and a half drive back home afterwards. Right now I'm leaning towards no

Back