Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cubs verses Indians 2016 World Series

I really think the Indians needed to take game 2 in order to win the series. Cubs will win

Indians had a tall order after Kluber pitched, they have one ace and then two #5 starters following him against 3 front of the rotation guys for Chicago.

I just heard that bars near Wrigley are charging $200 or $250 cover charge if you want a seat to watch the games, $50 if you're going to stand, plus a $50 surcharge per hour per table.

So there difference between the Tigers blown quality starts and blown quality starts by the Dodgers, Indians, nationals, is managerial? saying that assumes that all bullpen pitchers are of equal ability.

Blown Quality Starts since 2014

DET 25
NYY 23
MIN 19
CHW 17
TOR 17
BAL 16
SEA 16
LAA 15
CLE 15
BOS 14
KCR 14
OAK 11
HOU 10
TBR 9
TEX 7

WSN 7
LAD 6

I will also add that DET leads all of MLB with relievers entering after the start of an inning following a starter.

I will say that DET's relievers are not in the same class as the Indians, Dodgers or Nats. But they does not explain the 6 win difference between the Tiger Relievers and the Dodger Relievers. Hell, NYY relievers over the last 3 years has the lowest ERA in the AL and they still have the 2nd most BQS next to DET.

I really am tired of trying to explain poor relief strategy with guys you want to be Ausmus apologists. Ausmus does not use the relievers in the right situations and he tends to leave the starters in too long.

I really am tired of trying to explain poor relief strategy with guys you want to be Ausmus apologists. Ausmus does not use the relievers in the right situations and he tends to leave the starters in too long.

If you had one of the worst pens in the AL, wouldn't you tend to try to let your starters go deeper into games? If I had that bull pen, I would be shitting the bed every time I had to go to one of them. As a group, they are hot garbage.

You call me an apologist...but I am simply defending him because most of the posters on this board place too much blame on him vs. the players. It was the same with Leyland.

If you had one of the worst pens in the AL, wouldn't you tend to try to let your starters go deeper into games? If I had that bull pen, I would be shitting the bed every time I had to go to one of them. As a group, they are hot garbage.

You call me an apologist...but I am simply defending him because most of the posters on this board place too much blame on him vs. the players. It was the same with Leyland.

Yeah another manager that had no clue how to manage a pen. It goes both ways TD. It boggles my mind how some on here . just don't see how a manager can effect a ball game and put his player in the best possible chance to succeed. And look we are not saying players do not having to perform because they do. But tweaks here and there by a manager can help a player ?

Russell swings at ball four. Then k's on next pitch.

Last edited:
Indians will be tough to beat getting a performance like this out of Tomlin and the bullpen . Werid how alot of cubs just can't hit now. Don't think the cubs can beat the tribe ace.

Last edited:
Just my slightly biased opinion. I'm rooting for the Cubs to lose is how I've been phrasing it.

Ok np. I can't root for Cleveland. But really don't care 1908 is longer then 1948. Plus I do not want Cleveland ro have the double nba and baseball.

Seems like the cubs have the same problem the tigers have. We can hit fastballs but get anyone in there with slop and movement and they can't hit it.

Last edited:
Ok np. I can't root for Cleveland. But really don't care 1908 is longer then 1948. Plus I do not want Cleveland ro have the double nba and baseball.

I can't either, that's why I am phrasing it in that manner. My hate for the Cubs exceeds my strong disdain for the Indians. And while their fans are 5x more annoying I will give Cubs fans credit for sticking by their team, unlike Cleveland who was 3rd to last in attendance this season.

I can't either, that's why I am phrasing it in that manner. My hate for the Cubs exceeds my strong disdain for the Indians. And while their fans are 5x more annoying I will give Cubs fans credit for sticking by their team, unlike Cleveland who was 3rd to last in attendance this season.

Yeah I forgot the attendance. .they do not deserve it. I am jelly of both teams in as i so want the tigers to win the world series again.

Why did Contreras swing? RUNNER had base swiped easy.

Tribe win 1-0 and lead Series 2-1 guaranting series goes back to Cleveland. Cubs just can't hit with runners on base today.
5th shutout by Cleveland in the post season and 4th time the cubs have been shutout .

Last edited:
If cubs can't hit Tomlin they have no shot Saturday verses cleveland's ace.

Indians win game four 7-2 and Clevland leads series now 3-1. Franconia now 11-1 alltime in world series games.

Back