Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fed Wins 18

Federer beat Nadal in a great five setter this morning. Instant classic by amazing rivals in their twilight. They turned back the clock with each playing as you might have imagined them playing ten years ago.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/tennis/federer-savors-no-18-reflects-on-his-career/ar-AAmnkmf?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Good for Federer.

I slept through the match - I slept through Selena beating Venus again too.

The Australian Open gets harder and harder to follow every year.

Good for Federer.

I slept through the match - I slept through Selena beating Venus again too.

The Australian Open gets harder and harder to follow every year.

I don't normally watch stuff when I know the outcome but if you have Tennis Channel you'll have a number of chances to catch replays of as much of the match as you want. If you're a Fed fan, fifth set is must see stuff.

Possible that no sport has ever had ambassadors like Roger and Rafa. A couple of all time greats with each being as humble as the day is long.

I don't normally watch stuff when I know the outcome but if you have Tennis Channel you'll have a number of chances to catch replays of as much of the match as you want. If you're a Fed fan, fifth set is must see stuff.

Possible that no sport has ever had ambassadors like Roger and Rafa. A couple of all time greats with each being as humble as the day is long.

I'm gonna watch, because I've never seen Federer v. Nadal before.

Just kidding.

It seems like more years ago than I want to remember it to be, but I used to love Wimbledon Federer v. Nadal matches when Nadal was just coming up (even though not really; he had won so many times at Rolan Garros by that time) and I would root for Nadal mostly because he was the underdog and Federer was just so invincible at that on grass or hard court.

Good old days.

I was happy to see Djokovic win the French Open last year - I think it was last year - whatever year it was.

Three guys getting career grand slams within what - six or seven years? Maybe less?

Incredible.

I'd like to see Murrey win his career grand slam, too.

Back