Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Alex Jones divorce hilarity

This is true. I never even had heard of him until someone posted his crap on the boards.

He and infowars have over 2 million subscribers on YouTube and even more for their other outlets. Whether you or I know of him is irrelevant. He has millions of followers. Some may be level headed like tigermud, but most I've met are not.

Monster thank you for that, I really appreciated you saying that.

Well, if you start posting about Obama staging a coup and his daughters being lizardmen Illuminati, I'll change my mind.

I lol'd

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/326615/alex-jones-child-custody-chili/

Alex-Jones-Chili-1492533730-828x552.jpg

Couldn't fathom being a Sandy Hook parent, knowing that he's still given a platform to speak. Honestly, it might be enough to drive me to do something harmful to him. Like shoot him with a gun in the gut and ask him what he really thinks of hoaxes.

Couldn't fathom being a Sandy Hook parent, knowing that he's still given a platform to speak. Honestly, it might be enough to drive me to do something harmful to him. Like shoot him with a gun in the gut and ask him what he really thinks of hoaxes.

I don't even like to think about this, it pisses me off so much.

you can't get much more sociopathic than humping conspiracy theories about that incident, and harassing and threatening parents who had their children murdered by the deranged offspring of that dumb suburban gun nut bitch.

fuck.

Chase is pulling their ads from NBC because of the Kelly/Jones interview.

Megyn Kelly defending the interview by claiming its her job to "shine a light" on Jones' since he's influential and yet (she claims) "most Americans don't know who he is."

Bullshit. if she's going to have him on, she better have some Sandy Hook parents on, and/or some of the police and paramedics who responded, or the coroner who had to examine 20+ dead little kids and teachers. THATS "shining a light" Megyn Kelly, you stupid cow.

of course if she actually did that, Alex Jones fans would jump on twitter and whine about "how unfair the media is to Alex Jones."

Alec jones is the most credible jernalist in the entire planet.

Chase is pulling their ads from NBC because of the Kelly/Jones interview.

Megyn Kelly defending the interview by claiming its her job to "shine a light" on Jones' since he's influential and yet (she claims) "most Americans don't know who he is."

Bullshit. if she's going to have him on, she better have some Sandy Hook parents on, and/or some of the police and paramedics who responded, or the coroner who had to examine 20+ dead little kids and teachers. THATS "shining a light" Megyn Kelly, you stupid cow.

of course if she actually did that, Alex Jones fans would jump on twitter and whine about "how unfair the media is to Alex Jones."

This is what people who scream "1st Amendment!!" don't seem to understand. First of all, this recent crap from the right about how the Left won't tolerate "free speech" because someone like an Alex Jones is intentionally speaking in a place like Cal-Berkeley to incite a riot, is protested and event cancelled ...is precisely what you get with Free Speech! Go ahead and see what happens if Alex Jones were to go to a street corner in Sandy Hook and express his right to free speech. Just as with the classic "Fire! in a crowded theater," your free speech can have ramifications. You can say what you want ...but may get arrested for it. You can say what you want ...but may alienate everyone you know (or who advertises on your show). You can say what you want ...but there just might be irrefutable facts (and dead bodies) to absolutely rebuke your opinion.

But when a COMPANY like NBC decides to profit off of the controversy that is putting someone like Alex Jones on a completely protected and safe platform to spew horribly offensive lies, it crosses a line from "free speech" to creating hysteria in the name of money.

Why isn't Megs giving a platform for those who claim the Earth is flat?? How about those who claim the moon landing was fake?? Why is it this guy??

Easy ...because the notion of pretending that little 5yr old kids weren't slaughtered is so reprehensible to every intelligent and moral person who knows otherwise, that you will get what you want.

Attention.

And Megs is an attention whore, if there ever was one. It's a fucking disgrace

Last edited:
NBC is owned by Comcast which is a publically traded company.

No shit. Your reply has absolutely no relevance to my post. Any COMPANY ..especially a publicly traded one is making a business decision to do this and faces the possible consequences. I, for one, think the NBC execs who signed off on this carnival barker and who have decided to give him such a platform should be ashamed.

This is what people who scream "1st Amendment!!" don't seem to understand. First of all, this recent crap from the right about how the Left won't tolerate "free speech" because someone like an Alex Jones is intentionally speaking in a place like Cal-Berkeley to incite a riot, is protested and event cancelled ...is precisely what you get with Free Speech! Go ahead and see what happens if Alex Jones were to go to a street corner in Sandy Hook and express his right to free speech. Just as with the classic "Fire! in a crowded theater," your free speech can have ramifications. You can say what you want ...but may get arrested for it. You can say what you want ...but may alienate everyone you know (or who advertises on your show). You can say what you want ...but there just might be irrefutable facts (and dead bodies) to absolutely rebuke your opinion.

But when a COMPANY like NBC decides to profit off of the controversy that is putting someone like Alex Jones on a completely protected and safe platform to spew horribly offensive lies, it crosses a line from "free speech" to creating hysteria in the name of money.

Why isn't Megs giving a platform for those who claim the Earth is flat?? How about those who claim the moon landing was fake?? Why is it this guy??

Easy ...because the notion of pretending that little 5yr old kids weren't slaughtered is so reprehensible to every intelligent and moral person who knows otherwise, that you will get what you want.

Attention.

And Megs is an attention whore, if there ever was one. It's a fucking disgrace

Each of the ramifications you mention can also have ramifications of their own. If you think it ends there because you believe you are in the right, you might end up surprised and sorry. It assumes that the radicals that would respond back would care that you are in the right. That is how civil wars start.

Wouldn't it be good if their was no violence or riots at all in response to stupid pundits who are trying to offend, mostly to get a rise out of those that believe in their own righteousness?

BTW inciting hysteria is not the sole purview of that Jones idiot. He is just one of the worst examples of it.

No shit. Your reply has absolutely no relevance to my post. Any COMPANY ..especially a publicly traded one is making a business decision to do this and faces the possible consequences. I, for one, think the NBC execs who signed off on this carnival barker and who have decided to give him such a platform should be ashamed.

Really? Because you edited your post to remove the reference to PRIVATE company.

Back