Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions pick up Ebron's fifth year option

I don't care what he is called lets just look at the production. He adds nothing to the run game so lets look at receiving states. He is looking to get Marvin Jones money.

Marvin Jones 55 receptions 930 yards 4 td's
Eric Ebron 61 receptions 711 yards and 1 td

Ebron was hurt for several games so I don't think the money is too high. The one thing we need more td's

711 is good for 13 games. 711 is good for being 4th on the team in targets because Jones, Boldin and Tate and Riddick are all good players.

And it is 2 TDs in 2016 (1 rush, 1 rec). 5 in 2015 which was 9th for all TEs.

I don't care what he is called lets just look at the production. He adds nothing to the run game so lets look at receiving states. He is looking to get Marvin Jones money.

Marvin Jones 55 receptions 930 yards 4 td's
Eric Ebron 61 receptions 711 yards and 1 td

Ebron was hurt for several games so I don't think the money is too high. The one thing we need more td's

You just said hurt. That's not a plus. And Jones was shit for 2nd half of the season.. I get you want to positive but not a great comparison.

Lets talk about the Giants using a 1st on Beckham, 2nd on Shephard, free agency on Marshall and a 1st on Engram. Lions were 1st with Ebron but free agency with the rest. 3rd for Golladay

Last edited:
Lets talk about the Giants using a 1st on Beckham, 2nd on Shephard, free agency on Marshall and a 1st on Engram. Lions were 1st with Ebron but free agency with the rest. 3rd for Golladay

Since you brought up OBJ

10 Ebron 40 games, 204 rec / 1496 yards / 7 TDs

12 OBJ 43 games / 288 rec / 4122 yards / 35 TDs

Nice job Mayhew!

Since you brought up OBJ

10 Ebron 40 games, 204 rec / 1496 yards / 7 TDs

12 OBJ 43 games / 288 rec / 4122 yards / 35 TDs

Nice job Mayhew!

OBJ had a million more targets because he is the only option on that team until this year.

Tate vs OBJ is the comparison because Tate is the reason they didn't pick OBJ. Also Calvin Johnson was on the team at the time.

460 targets to 204 targets. OBJ has 256 more targets. Because the Giants have terrible other weapons and Ebron is on a loaded weapon team.

Last edited:
Beckham had big question marks as a prospect too. Ebron rated higher by many that year. Heck the Giants may have taken Ebron over Beckham if they picked 10

Beckham had big question marks as a prospect too. Ebron rated higher by many that year. Heck the Giants may have taken Ebron over Beckham if they picked 10

So we helped the Giants out by taking Ebron over Beckham. Just like the Raiders helped us out taking Russell over CJ

So we helped the Giants out by taking Ebron over Beckham. Just like the Raiders helped us out taking Russell over CJ

Ebron was the higher rated prospect. Calvin was the higher rated prospect. Raiders made a mistake, Mayhew didn't

OBJ is a head case and may not have fit in Detroit. He could have torn his ACL every season here in a different situation. The hindsight game is dumb

Calvin, Calvin, Tate the last 3 years is only 416 targets.
Tate 405 over the last years.

OBJ gets extra targets because the Giants had nobody else (460 targets)

WR 1, WR 2, WR 3, TE combo the Lions do more. 3,302 yards 18 TDS compared to 3,031 yards and 20 TDs. Plus Lions have a stud in Riddick as a receiving RB.

Lions 21.6 PPG. Giants 19.4 PPG on offense

Give me the Lions combo every day. Giants had to use a 1st round pick this year on a weapon and Marshall in free agency.

Last edited:
Back