Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blount to the Lions?

Lets say the market for Blount is 2.5 million.

I wonder if you could sign him 1.1 million guaranteed, cut him, sign him for 1.4 million a second time. Blount gets 2.5 million through the two contracts. But perhaps only the first contract of 1.1 million would count against the comp formula? Probably not, but worth a shot.

The May 9 tender doesn't really effect us.. Like you said maybe it prevents us getting a late round comp. But we don't lose a draft pick, of any sorts.

The May 9 tender doesn't really effect us.. Like you said maybe it prevents us getting a late round comp. But we don't lose a draft pick, of any sorts.

Yea it wouldn't matter to us, if we want to sign him this tender doesn't impact it what so ever. I don't think we are inline for any comp picks. Especially at the bottom, we signed more than we lost.

I was talking more in general the the 2.5 million scenario.

Yea it wouldn't matter to us, if we want to sign him this tender doesn't impact it what so ever. I don't think we are inline for any comp picks. Especially at the bottom, we signed more than we lost.

I was talking more in general the the 2.5 million scenario.

Wasn't that 2.5 of incentives? I'm okay with incentives, he does well you pay him.

Smart move by the Patriots. They know Blount isn't signing a 1.1MIL$ deal with the team. They're 100% banking on a comp pick. And if for some reason no team signs him by the deadline, he plays for nobody but the Patriots lol. They win in all phases of this situation.
Blount will be playing for Detroit or NY very soon...

I've never seen a back that consistently stopped at the line of scrimmage like Blount did this year. I never saw him hit a hole without hesitation this season.

I do like reading the old threads to see everyone's thoughts before something happened. The draft ones are the best.

Last edited:
Back