Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Comey FIRED

I know it happens no matter who the president is, but we are 100+ days past the election. Time to let Clinton and Obama go, mr. Trump.

By the way, this is just a general observation. I'm just stunned with any general Trump tweet. He tweets out "Cryin' Chuck Schumer..." From those first three words, how is not everyone else just disgusted from this name calling? Have you EVER heard a president use these childish names to call other people in a very prestigious part of the government?

I know it happens no matter who the president is, but we are 100+ days past the election. Time to let Clinton and Obama go, mr. Trump.

By the way, this is just a general observation. I'm just stunned with any general Trump tweet. He tweets out "Cryin' Chuck Schumer..." From those first three words, how is not everyone else just disgusted from this name calling? Have you EVER heard a president use these childish names to call other people in a very prestigious part of the government?

LBJ was not no Tact-tician.

Well, if Trump begins to bring the country together and do great things like Johnson did, he can call me a dumb ass for all I care lol.

Someone help me understand the xenophobia with Russia. Is it illegal to have dealings with Russians in the United States?

I ask merely because most people in the United States mistake me for a Russian on account of my Slavic accent.

from 1917-1940, then from 1945-1991, and again starting around 1999 we Americans were conditioned to view Russians as "the other." So they're currently one of the go-to "bad guys" our government trots out when then want to bang war drums, distract public opinion at home, etc.

the current issue is mostly being pushed by centrist Democrats (and some Republicans) in DC as a way to attack the current President without attacking any of the laissez-faire economic policies that unite politicians like Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush across party lines... Hillary is far more like Jeb! in practice than she is Bernie Sanders.

The Russian angle has the added advantage of being an excuse for Hillary and paid political hacks from her camp (like Peter Daou, David Brock, Robbie Mook, Neera Tanden, etc etc) from their own bad campaign. For Hillary, she can point to Russian interference, rather than her own awful personality and unpopular political stances, to blame for her loss. For her paid hacks, it's a distraction from the fact that they devised strategies and ran a completely incompetent campaign, in hopes that it won't kill their careers.

In stark contrast, You don't see anyone - Democrats or independents - from Bernie's camp making Russia public issue #1... Sanders himself has said its more or less a distraction and stayed true to his policy messages.

make sense?

I do, for the record, believe that foreign interference in our elections is a problem, regardless of who is doing it, and the Russian thing should be investigated. Russians weren't the only ones interfering though... no one apparently has a problem with what Israel has been doing since the 60's, with the AIPAC, etc attacking any American politician who criticizes Israeli policies or the billions in aid we give them as "anti-semitic" and runs ads against them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Too bad there weren't any warning signs that he'd act like that prior to the election. That kind of behavior has to take everyone that voted for him by surprise

Well, if Trump begins to bring the country together and do great things like Johnson did, he can call me a dumb ass for all I care lol.

Not thinking that in anyway happened under LBJ. Not an indictment; but an observation. The guy opted out of running in '68. At that time, turmoil was the norm.

Not thinking that in anyway happened under LBJ. Not an indictment; but an observation. The guy opted out of running in '68. At that time, turmoil was the norm.

I think the good LBJ did (he gets so much credit merely for signing the Civil Rights Act) has to be weighed against the Gulf of Tonkin incident and his successful escalation of the Vietnam War.

Which opened the door for Richard Nixon and Dr. Strangel- I mean Kissinger to get into the White House.

more bad than good.

I think the good LBJ did (he gets so much credit merely for signing the Civil Rights Act) has to be weighed against the Gulf of Tonkin incident and his successful escalation of the Vietnam War.

Which opened the door for Richard Nixon and Dr. Strangel- I mean Kissinger to get into the White House.

more bad than good.

Dem Dems and Reps were so different back then. More civil. Sneakier. More political. Not like the clods in office now.

Impeach the idiot .. Any time now Republicans!!

For him to be impeached he'd have to commit a crime, you could loosely say that he's guilty of bribery given the fact that his children are benefiting from conflicts of interest but you just have to give it time. I believe that he and his campaign colluded with Russia, with Roger Stone tweeting preemptively that Podesta was going to be "in a barrel" but you need to build the case. Trump's knowledge of that may be hard to prove though. He can't be impeached just because he's an idiot unfortunately.

Impeach the idiot .. Any time now Republicans!!

Trump is a compulsive liar; you can almost guarantee he's committed perjury at some point recently, not to mention all the shady dealings he and his family have gotten involved in. And even if they can't pin something on him, it's likely he'll perjure himself during the investigation.

So I think he could be impeached, but I also think as a matter of strategy Pence would be worse for the country; Trump's administration will be a constant dysfunctional shit show with lots of distractions. Pence might actually succeed at getting more of the Right's idiotic agenda passed. so I think they should let Trump stew for another year and a half... then try to nail him. make the last year of his presidency tied up in impeachment proceedings.

Then we elect a true progressive in 2020, and change our name so that we can pretend it was some OTHER country that elected a washed up real estate developer slash carnival barker as president. eventually this will all be water under the bridge.

I think I'm dreaming again...

I just read that the House is scheduled to vote to repeal Dodd-Frank today.

figured the way this bullshit was hyped, there must really be something else they want to blast off the front page.

Holy hell, I don't know if any of you guys are listening/watching this, McCain is absolutely senile.

And ironically enough, CNN has an article from a guy that says "So, what was John McCain trying to ask?" LOL.

That is exactly what I thought.

Cnn just interviewed some Trump supporters about Trump/Comey. They asked who was lying. One woman said neither and blamed...the media. Lol seriously, what the fuck?

Trumpanzees live in their own imaginary world.

I believe it has something to do with syphyllis or dementia.

Back