Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ESPN: Lions have fourth best QB situation in NFL

just trying to figure out how we go from a 20th ranked offense....overpay 2 guys on the oline...and poof were a top 10 offense without even taking a snap. Oh....reality eludes you.

Last edited:
just trying to figure out how we go from a 20th ranked offense....overpay 2 guys on the oline...and poof were a top 10 offense without even taking a snap. Oh....reality eludes you.

Someone didn't pay the fuck attention

Wagner and Lang very good players. They got less than reiff and warford combined. Reiff got 11 per, warford 8 per. Wagner and Lang are way better

Stafford fixed his finger. 16 of MVP Stafford is another change

How about more games from Abdullah. Huge upgrade. Riddick too. 16 not 10

Added size and speed and redzone threats in golladay and Roberts. Te blocking big upgrades too

Marvin Jones second year in system

Swanson healthy

Glasgow and decker year 2 development

All those reasons it is a top 10, maybe top 5 Offense.

You want more. Better defense giving offense better field position. More than the low bar of 14 turnovers making it easier for the offense as well

It was way way more than overpaying two guys. If you got your head out of your ass you would see this

Wagner and Lang very good players. They got less than reiff and warford combined. Reiff got 11 per, warford 8 per. Wagner and Lang are way better

Added size and speed and redzone threats in golladay and Roberts. Te blocking big upgrades too

Swanson healthy

You want more. Better defense giving offense better field position. More than the low bar of 14 turnovers making it easier for the offense as well

It was way way more than overpaying two guys. If you got your head out of your ass you would see this

You look at things in a vacuum far too often. Things like "Marvin Jones second year in system." What does this even mean? Every team in the league has players that fit this description. The same holds true for "Glasgow and decker year 2 development." Again every team in the league has sophomore players that have developed. You can't use these as reasons why they are suddenly better than other teams. Do the other teams not have players that "develop" and get better also?

You also say things like they're certain when they are anything but. "16 games of healthy Stafford" is anything but a sure thing. Same holds true for Abdullah and Riddick. How about we wait and see what happens before we boast about players being healthy for a full season? That's hard to do in the NFL.

I agree the OLine has improved overall, and I like better blocking from the TE position as well.

Swanson healthy

Reiff got paid to play lt. We paid Wagner the most in the history of the nfl to play rt... hence overpaid. If you got your head out of your ass you'd know these things.

Last edited:
Reiff got paid to play lt. We paid Wagner the most in the history of the nfl to play rt... hence overpaid. If you got your head out of your ass you'd know these things.

Hughes ignores all the improvements and focuses on this. You are beyond stupid

Wagner top 10 rt. Worth 9 per.

You look at things in a vacuum far too often. Things like "Marvin Jones second year in system." What does this even mean? Every team in the league has players that fit this description. The same holds true for "Glasgow and decker year 2 development." Again every team in the league has sophomore players that have developed. You can't use these as reasons why they are suddenly better than other teams. Do the other teams not have players that "develop" and get better also?

You also say things like they're certain when they are anything but. "16 games of healthy Stafford" is anything but a sure thing. Same holds true for Abdullah and Riddick. How about we wait and see what happens before we boast about players being healthy for a full season? That's hard to do in the NFL.

I agree the OLine has improved overall, and I like better blocking from the TE position as well.

They are reasons lions will improve. Some teams got worse. Packers for instance

I don't look at anything in a vacumn. Hughes wanted reasons they would be a top 10 offense. I gave several. He said basically they just upgraded oline only which is not true

Lions greatly improved
Vikings slight improved
Bears the same and still stink
Pack regressed on oline and run game, still defensive problems
Falcons slightly improved
Saints improved but still big defensive problems
Carolina improved
Tampa improved
Giants same
Cardinals regressed
Browns major improvement but not quite competitive
Steelers slight improved
Bengals regressed losing oline
Ravens improved

Lions won 9 with all the problems they had. They greatly improved offense and defense. They have the talent, depth and coaching for a top 10 o and d

Also Marvin Jones knowing the system better is a way to improve. Yes other teams have guys like this too but we are talking about the lions. It is a reason the lions could be better. 1,200 yards and 10mtds for jones is on the table

Last edited:
AR loses protection losing Lang. He'll be a low 90s rating in 2017

Lions should be favorites to win the North if anyone looked into them deeper. Bettors and Vegas don't look deep enough. They go by peoples whims.

AR has been in the low 90's twice since he became a starter. 93.8 in 2008 and 92.7 in 2015. The other 7 years he was 101.2 - 122.5

His two worst years are about 6 points higher than Matt's career average.

My money would be he hits that 100 mark again.

Lang and especially Wagner were 2 of the most sought after OLinemen in free agency, so i'm not sure how we overpaid. Only Hughes lol.
The offense improved dramatically during the offseason. I see a huge uptick in production from that group. Abdullah is key though. He needs to stay healthy and if he does, I can see a 1,200 yd season and 8-10 TDs. Couple more through the air. Why not?! Nobody is questioning his skillset....

It's actually pretty easy of you just look at the facts instead of thinking is just me being negative. I'm happy with the improvements in the line but the bottom line ous wee overpaid to fix it. Wagner is the highest paid rt in the HISTORY of the nfl. HISTORY! Is he the best rt in history? No...ok then he was over paid. Very simple. Lang is making more guaranteed money then some qbs do lol. Again I'm happy we improved... but we paid alot to do it. There's no arguing it.

Last edited:
It's actually pretty easy of you just look at the facts instead of thinking is just me being negative. I'm happy with the improvements in the line but the bottom line ous wee overpaid to fix it. Wagner is the highest paid rt in the HISTORY of the nfl. HISTORY! Is he the best rt in history? No...ok then he was over paid. Very simple. Lang is making more guaranteed money then some qbs do lol. Again I'm happy we improved... but we paid alot to do it. There's no arguing it.

Every yr a different player gets the most money in history of the NFL. Trying to point out that Wagner isn't the best RT to ever play the game isn't an argument lol. Next yr we'll see another player get the most money in history. It's a damn turnstyle. I don't believe we overpaid. We paid for 2 studs that vastly improve our team.

Can't argue that.. Seems a week doesn't go by without "highest paid.."

Every yr a different player gets the most money in history of the NFL. Trying to point out that Wagner isn't the best RT to ever play the game isn't an argument lol. Next yr we'll see another player get the most money in history. It's a damn turnstyle. I don't believe we overpaid. We paid for 2 studs that vastly improve our team.

Thats all fine and dandy if he was even in the discussion as the best RT in the league currently.....which i dont think he is. We overpaid....almost every news site/webpage in the country says the same. Again these are facts....teez ran a slow 40 time and wagner got paid too much. Its very black and white lol.

Thats all fine and dandy if he was even in the discussion as the best RT in the league currently.....which i dont think he is. We overpaid....almost every news site/webpage in the country says the same. Again these are facts....teez ran a slow 40 time and wagner got paid too much. Its very black and white lol.

So, now it's the best RT in the league today? Lol. It went from best in history to best in the league today. Your point is moot. He was one of the best RT's in 2016. Meaning, many teams wanted him and we got him.
I have heard or read nothing but praise for signing Wagner and Lang.
Tabor had a hurt hammy. Both Tabor's and Wagner's stories are completely different. Nothing black and white about it lol.

Last edited:
Decker is 29th highest paid. And he was good. Evens out

Lane johnson makes 2 per more and is still the top rt. Other top are 6 to 7.5 per. Since the cap rose, 9.5 per makes sense now. It rises every year and so will contracts

We ALL know we kind of have to overpay for most free agents because, let's face it, we are the Detroit Lions....

So essentially this article is looking at current player, injury history, contract status and age.

So it's understandable Lions are #4. Stafford is a top 10ish player, who is still sort of young, can be signed for another contact, and hasn't missed games. He has a decent pass blocking O-line, and isn't expected to hold the ball long. That leads you to believe he will play all 16 games this year, so backup isn't as big of a concern for Detroit as it would be for like Pittsburgh, seattle, or some of the other places with bad o-lines or long developing plays where the QB needs to hold on to the ball.

When's the last time the Lions went to the playoff's twice in a row.. I worry about that. Okay maybe not worry but this team is weird. You think it's going to do something and the exact opposite happens..

Back