Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

DJ Wilson Staying in Draft

dubbsco

And we wait no longer.

About what I expected to happen.

Some dude from Illinois State just got his release to pursue a grad transfer, Mikyle McIntosh. Could be worth a look.

Not a good move by him. He doesn't have a position in the NBA. Not really skilled enough to play the 3. NBA 4's will eat him for lunch.

He wasn't going to have a position either way, I don't think his body is going to change much.

But this year's draft is beyond deep. He could have had a similar performance next season and land in the top 15. What happens if Utah sees someone that they'd rather have and back out on DJ?

Not a good move by him. He doesn't have a position in the NBA. Not really skilled enough to play the 3. NBA 4's will eat him for lunch.

He definitely has a position in the NBA. He's a stretch 4 and every team wants one now. This is not the NBA of the 90s where your 4 is a low post bruiser.

Some dude from Illinois State just got his release to pursue a grad transfer, Mikyle McIntosh. Could be worth a look.

Might as well take a look. We need someone at the 4 now. No reason to go another year without using a scholarship.

Hope he enjoys the D league for the next few years.

With college basketball, and especially with John Beilein's teams, you just never know who's going to take a step up.

Wilson could have returned and done better, regressed, got hurt. There's just no telling how things take shape throughout a season.

Would it have been really nice to have him back? Yeah of course. But the death nail in this team would have been losing both. Getting Wagner back is huge.

With college basketball, and especially with John Beilein's teams, you just never know who's going to take a step up.

Wilson could have returned and done better, regressed, got hurt. There's just no telling how things take shape throughout a season.

Would it have been really nice to have him back? Yeah of course. But the death nail in this team would have been losing both. Getting Wagner back is huge.

I agree. Our frontcourt would have been worse than ever. I do like what we have now to fill in for DJ, though.

They need to snag a grad transfer or have that kid reclassify to 2017 and recruit him.

Maybe Davis/Teske will surprise, who knows.

Wilson made some fine plays here and there last season and that is what I should remember him for. Unfortunately, I will remember the times where he thought he was Rasheed Wallace and ran from 3 point line to 3 point line and just stood there. He typically did the latter during games that Michigan lost, like the Oregon game. He loves the perimeter more than he loved going down low and I just couldn't stand that.

Not saying I'm glad he is leaving, just that I will not miss that attitude that he brought to some games.

Wilson made some fine plays here and there last season and that is what I should remember him for. Unfortunately, I will remember the times where he thought he was Rasheed Wallace and ran from 3 point line to 3 point line and just stood there. He typically did the latter during games that Michigan lost, like the Oregon game. He loves the perimeter more than he loved going down low and I just couldn't stand that.

Not saying I'm glad he is leaving, just that I will not miss that attitude that he brought to some games.

Couldnt have said it better myself. I wish for both back, but if I had a choice, it was Wagner to comeback all the way. Never a doubt in my mind who the overall better player is.

Too bad. He could have been top 15 for sure next season. Hopefully he still lands in round 1.

Too bad. He could have been top 15 for sure next season. Hopefully he still lands in round 1.

The Jazz gave him a guarantee they'd take him at 30. I view that guarantee as worthless. One guy they like more slips to them for any reason and the guarantee is out the window.

Last edited:
Right. And forgive me, I don't know how you get jacked about a guarantee at 30 to play in Utah.

I just don't think he really liked being a college student. Apparently had a radio interview last weekend and talked about how he and Beilein didn't agree on a lot, he skipped out on his exit interview, was this close to transferring.

Maybe they can still land another grad transfer or get that one recruit from 2018 to reclassify (don't know much about him).

Last edited:
And regarding Austin Davis. If he can just play a SOMEWHAT similar role that Jordan Morgan had, they'll be just fine. Be that scrappy guy who can go in and grab rebounds and finish on pick-and-rolls.

Right. And forgive me, I don't know how you get jacked about a guarantee at 30 to play in Utah.

I just don't think he really liked being a college student. Apparently had a radio interview last weekend and talked about how he and Beilein didn't agree on a lot, he skipped out on his exit interview, was this close to transferring.

Maybe they can still land another grad transfer or get that one recruit from 2018 to reclassify (don't know much about him).

I'd rather stay in college than live among a majority of Mormons.

Back