Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

3 More MSU Players May Be Booted

LOL, in related news, MSU trustees (they call them trustees instead of regents) are publicly bickering about this.

On a sports talk radio show a couple days ago, MSU trustee Mitch Lyons - a former MSU & 2nd string NFL football player - said Dantonio only learned about the sexual assault from Auston Robertson at a weekly meeting with him.

then another MSU trustee, Brian Mosallam - ANOTHER former MSU player - called Lyons out, via twitter of course, and Lyons is now backpedaling saying he "misspoke"

idiots.

Lyons is an idiot. I don't think you'll get anyone worked up calling him out. I'm also not fond of having 3 former football players as trustees.

maybe so, but still MSU itself investigated the incident, found he violated the campus sexual assault policy, expelled him, and banned him from campus until Dec 2018.

since it sounds like you missed this recent news this while conduting your oh-so-thorough investigation of sexual assault and rape at your alma mater, here's a link for reference.

Weird that he waves off the Mumphrey situation, yet keeps going back to Gibbons.

(side note: the university president, the AD, and the coach that was at Michigan during the Gibbons "situation" are long gone.)

Last edited:
the MSU board of directors recently issued a statement that Hollis & Dantonio had their full support.

in 21st century America, that actually means: "do something to get this bad press off page one, or your ass is history tomorrow."

the football season can't start soon enough for these two.

Exactly, which will make the bad press from the upcoming "players leaving the program for undisclosed reasons" look even worse.

As far as "culture," I think a few situations were forgotten. One of which did result in missed game time, the other just bad signs about the situation

Max Bullough, Conner Cook, and Malik McDowell

I think we all "know" what happened in each case.

Mack, I know you are trying to explain away all the situations that have happened in East Lansing. Hell, I have even gone out of my way to defend Dantonio on other forums.

But if you don't think something is wrong with the culture, you have your head in the sand. You have guys on the board of trustees going on radio shows to single out people. Reports about this huge fracture in the locker room.

I think the obvious answer here is that he got away from recruiting those character athletes and went for the bigger stars, and he doesn't really know how to handle it.

And the snap reaction is to bring up the Gibbons/Lewan case. Yeah, we all know it was completely handled like shit and it is a bad look. But it has nothing to do what is happening at YOUR SCHOOL.

Hollis and Dantonio look and sound like they have aged 20 years. If they make it another 2, 3 years at MSU, I'll be stunned. Hollis especially. He's got much bigger fish to fry with the Nassar situation.

of course Gibbons/Lewan has nothing to do with what happened at MSU recently because we don't handle these types of scandals in ways that would embarrass the university, unlike how uofm does. And it's perfectly legitimate to bring that up to people like you who are pointing fingers but seemingly oblivious to the facts and their own hypocrisy - that's not a snap reaction. The facts being that 2 independent investigations have concluded that Dantonio and the school handled these horrible situations properly and professionally.

I don't think it's a culture problem - uofm recruited and offered scholarships to Robertson, Corley, King and Vance. If you think this is a culture problem because these kids got on campus and all of a sudden became bad apples or they thought, because of the culture (which we know is one that handles these types of problems properly), they could get away with serious crimes you have your head in the sand because that is legitimately delusional.

Last edited:
LOL, in related news, MSU trustees (they call them trustees instead of regents) are publicly bickering about this.

On a sports talk radio show a couple days ago, MSU trustee Mitch Lyons - a former MSU & 2nd string NFL football player - said Dantonio only learned about the sexual assault from Auston Robertson at a weekly meeting with him.

then another MSU trustee, Brian Mosallam - ANOTHER former MSU player - called Lyons out, via twitter of course, and Lyons is now backpedaling saying he "misspoke"

idiots.

worst spin attempt ever. Mitch Lyons said Dantonio learned about the assault from Robertson at a meeting. He told Robertson not to say anything further then after the meeting, immediately notified the proper people at the school. So effectively, what we have here is Robertson going to the coach about something he feels should be reported and Dantonio then going to the proper authorities because he agreed it should be reported.

How is Dantonio supposed to learn about these things? wait to hear about them from the police?

Weird that he waves off the Mumphrey situation, yet keeps going back to Gibbons.

(side note: the university president, the AD, and the coach that was at Michigan during the Gibbons "situation" are long gone.)

I didn't waive off the the Mumphrey situation - I explained the the accuser failed to return multiple attempts by the Ingham County prosecutor to contact her. It doesn't sound like that's a real case.

As far as "culture," I think a few situations were forgotten. One of which did result in missed game time, the other just bad signs about the situation

Max Bullough, Conner Cook, and Malik McDowell

I think we all "know" what happened in each case.

Didn't Max Bullough get suspended for the biggest game of his and Dantonio's career?

Last edited:
worst spin attempt ever. Mitch Lyons said Dantonio learned about the assault from Robertson at a meeting. He told Robertson not to say anything further then after the meeting, immediately notified the proper people at the school. So effectively, what we have here is Robertson going to the coach about something he feels should be reported and Dantonio then going to the proper authorities because he agreed it should be reported.

How is Dantonio supposed to learn about these things? wait to hear about them from the police?

yeah, sure... "spin attempt."

call me out on this when 1/3 of our regents are dumb former jocks divulging confidential university business on low-brow sports radio shows, and sniping at eachother on twitter.

I didn't waive off the the Mumphrey situation - I explained the the accuser failed to return multiple attempts by the Ingham County prosecutor to contact her. It doesn't sound like that's a real case.

no, except for the fact of the university investigation, expulsion, and the campus ban and what have you. you waived that off.

yeah, sure... "spin attempt."

call me out on this when 1/3 of our regents are dumb former jocks divulging confidential university business on low-brow sports radio shows, and sniping at eachother on twitter.

why wait until then? how about right now because this post isn't any stronger.

no, except for the fact of the university investigation, expulsion, and the campus ban and what have you. you waived that off.

everyone knows that's not real due process - it's he said, she said and it's always heavily skewed in favor of the accuser. The fact that the county prosecutor couldn't even get the accuser to talk to them puts the findings of the university in question.

There's also the fact that the majority of victims don't pursue these cases because of how humiliated and scared they are.

everyone knows that's not real due process - it's he said, she said and it's always heavily skewed in favor of the accuser. The fact that the county prosecutor couldn't even get the accuser to talk to them puts the findings of the university in question.

So it's fair that any inferences you can draw against Mumphery are biased, but those that go against the victim are true?

the fact that she didn't cooperate must mean she was lying, but that fact that the university expelled him and banned him from campus means nothing because the proceedings were probably biased against him.

So it's fair that any inferences you can draw against Mumphery are biased, but those that go against the victim are true?

the fact that she didn't cooperate must mean she was lying, but that fact that the university expelled him and banned him from campus means nothing because the proceedings were probably biased against him.

This is the attitude problem our country has with these situations. People are more ready to disparage the victim of sexual assault than they are to give sympathy.

Back