Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 59 Tigers vs. Angels June 8, 2017

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup:
1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Alex Avila, C
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. Victor Martinez, DH
5. J.D. Martinez, RF
6. Justin Upton, LF
7. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
8. Andrew Romine, CF
9. Dixon Machado, SS
RHP Michael Fulmer

Bench: C John Hicks, SS Jose Iglesias, OF Alex Presley, OF Mikie Mahtook.

Angels Lineup:
Simmons SS
Calhoun RF
Pujols DH
Escobar 3B
Cron 1B
Revere LF
Young Jr. CF
Espinosa 2B
Graterol C
JC Ramirez P

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/articl...ek-return-to-form-in-finale/?topicId=26688732
Fulmer eyes turnaround in finale with Halos.
Tigers official site

http://www.espn.com/mlb/preview?gameId=370608106
Tigers vs. Angels Game Preview.
espn

http://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2017/DET201706080.shtml
Detroit Tigers vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, at Comerica Park, June 8, 2017 Matchups, Tickets, Preview.
Baseball Reference

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detr...troit-tigers-los-angles-angels-game-59/93867/
Fulmer and Tigers eyeing third straight series win.
DSN

Dixon Machado will start at shortstop on Thursday afternoon in the finale of the Detroit Tigers' three-game series with the Los Angeles Angels.
Andrew Romine will get the call in center field after Alex Presley started the last two games.

Detroit Tigers
RHP Michael Fulmer (6-3, 4.47 ERA)
11 GS, 75 IP, 67 H, 25 ER, 4 HR, 16 BB, 59 K, 2.97 FIP

Los Angeles Angels
RHP J.C. Ramirez (5-4, 4.11 ERA)
13 G 10 GS, 65 2/3 IP, 65 H, 30 ER, 11 HR, 14 BB, 50 K, 4.44 FIP

Notable:
A Tigers win Thursday would give them just their second series win against the Angels in their last 11, dating back to September 2012.

The Tigers lead the major leagues with 16 home runs from the catcher position.

Fulmer allowed a season-high five earned runs in seven innings against the Chicago White Sox in his last start. He had not allowed more than three earned runs in any of his previous 10 starts this year.

Fulmer is 2-1 with a 1.83 ERA in three career starts against the Angels. Several Los Angeles hitters have struggled against him: Kole Calhoun (1 for 8), Albert Pujols (1 for 7), Ben Revere (0 for 6), Andrelton Simmons (0 for 6).

Ramirez is coming off of his worst start of the season. He allowed seven runs on eight hits in 4 1/3 innings June 2 against Minnesota. His ERA rose from 3.38 to 4.11.
Detroit beat Ramirez earlier this year. He allowed five runs on eight hits in seven innings on May 11. He is 0-1 with a 5.23 ERA in 10 1/3 career innings against the Tigers.

Justin Upton’s only hit in eight at-bats against Ramirez is a home run, while Andrew Romine’s only hit in three at-bats is a home run. Ian Kinsler is 3 for 4 against him.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/angels-...0998#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=490998
Gameday.

Last edited:
Yay! Today's game is on the local Fox sports cable affiliate here.

I wonder if there is a bar near me open where I can go and watch both the Comey hearings and the Tigers versus Angels game?

This won't take long today,
second pitch to Kinsler and f'n bloat Joe West, like Fletcher and Porter just called a pitch half a foot off the corner a strike to Kinsler.
This umpire group sucks.

After scoring at the leadoff hitter Kinsler, the Tigers fail to pick up either of the two runners still on base with nobody out.

Tigers get bloops single RBI to right from Miggy and nothing else,

Fulmer cruising. 18 pitches through 2 innings. This is so refreshing!

I must have missed it when when did Fulmer's ERA get that high? Did he have a really bad game or 2 I'm not aware of? I though it close to 3.

I saw that before today Avila was hitting .441 at Comerica Park.. Maybe he's the new Pudge?

Yesterday Nick gets pissed he was removed for pinch runner/defensive replacement. Slams helmet, nails Miggy with it. Gets caught stealing 2nd today. This is why Nick. lol

I still don't see the defensive plus of Machado. Dumb to try to bare hand a ball that Pujols hits. Should've been an easy out.

I thought defense is suppose to come first for young players.. His defense at SS has not been good so far..

Edit: And 2B.

Last edited:
Yesterday Nick gets pissed he was removed for pinch runner/defensive replacement. Slams helmet, nails Miggy with it. Gets caught stealing 2nd today. This is why Nick. lol

I saw that last night. WTF was he thinking? He has been pretty brutal in the field lately. I thought they might bench him today because of it. Glad they didn't!

damn...the two shittiest players get singles to start the inning and the top of the order can't push a run in

I still don't see the defensive plus of Machado. Dumb to try to bare hand a ball that Pujols hits. Should've been an easy out.

This gets mentioned for a reason every game he plays. Clearly none of us are seeing it. I can't recall a play he's made yet this year that made me say wow. He usually just boots some routine play.

f'n Rod, every time he says something good about a Tiger they get smoked,
reverse curse.

Horrible defense from Upton,

If Al Kaline is watching this, he just aged 10 years watching that shitty transfer from glove to throwing hand.

Back